Chapter 2

I stared at my siblings expectantly. "Well what do you think Firestar means?" They stared at me blankly. "Well maybe we find a cat with no scars and make them have 4 kits." mewed Fernkit. I stared at her with a surprised look on my face. That was a smarter answer than she usually gives. "We have to think about this, Firestar never said that they were from Thunderclan." said Leafkit. I nodded. Leafkit always knew what to say when Fernkit had a stupid answer. "Well maybe we can think about this while we fish!" suggested Tigerkit. We stared at him in horror. "You can fish?" asked Leafkit. Tigerkit stared at his paws and nodded slowly. "Can you catch me a thrush in the lake?" Fernkit asked. That was more like Fernkit. "Lets get back to camp. Cinderheart will be wondering where we are" I mewed. I wanted to speak to Jayfeather about what Firestar had said to us. As we padded back to camp Fernkit saw a frog. She pounced on it and killed it. I stared in disbelief. Fernkit could catch a frog and she was smart enough to catch something. "Yum! You want some?" She asked prodding it with her white paw. "Not really, Its your catch, you eat it" She started eating the frog. I was starting to wonder if that was really Fernkit. "Yum! This tastes better than fish in spruce trees!" Never mind, That's still Fernkit. 

When we reached camp I heard anxious mews inside the medicine cat den. I raced inside and saw Jayfeather lying on the ground, unconscious. I saw a rock lying next to him. I prodding him and he woke up. "Where am I?" he asked sleepily. "In the medicine cat den. What happened?" I mew quickly. I see Cherrypaw run in. "It was Molepaw! He threw a stone at Jayfeather!" I raced into main camp to find Molepaw. "Hey Gingerkit!" yowls Molepaw from across camp. I spot him and race to him. "Come with me, Molepaw! I want to tell you something" I fake a dreamy gaze and he smiles. "Ok!" he says. I race back to Jayfeather's den with Molepaw behind me. "Molepaw!" Bramblestar exclaims "You threw a rock at Jayfeather!" Molepaw looked at Jayfeather "Yea, so what?" he twisted his tail with mine. I fluffed up my fur and hissed. Bramblestar glared. "Molepaw, the Gathering is tonight. And you will not go!" Molepaw looked down at his paws. "Yes, Bramblestar." He pads out of the den and calls to me "Come on Gingerkit" I ignore him and stay in my place. "Bramblestar, Jayfeather. May I speak to you?" Bramblestar smiled "Yes, Gingerkit." I begin slowly, making sure I get every word right. "There will be four, kin of the cat with no scars, who rise up and separate dooming us or saving us all." Jayfeather stared in disbelief. "A cat named Firestar came from Starclan and told my littlermates and me this and I wanted to tell you" Bramblestar nodded while Jayfeather stared off into main camp watching Molepaw sulk. Bramblestar started to speak with his head pointed at the sky "Firestar, you've done it again."