Chapter Four: Family

Jasper's POV

My lips were fastened on hers as we embraced. Our bodies moved perfectly together, her shape colliding with mine like two puzzle pieces completing the picture of life.

"Are you sure you're ready to do this?" I asked her. We were finally ready. A few months ago, we began to discuss the idea of having another baby. Now Bella was 2 years old and Annabelle's baby was 17 months, and the two of them together were so cute and wonderful that we wanted to make 2 into 3 now.

"Definitely," Hannah gasped against my neck and we tried to make a baby. Together.

Hannah's POV

Annabelle stopped by our house around lunch time. Jasper and I had finally taken the leap and bought an adorable bungalow in Ottawa, only a few minutes' walk from Jasper's law firm where he was now one of their most important animal rights lawyers. Our house had 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a beautiful kitchen, a lovely family room, dining room, office and rec room- from which I would conduct my daycare sessions.

Things were looking up for me and Jasper... I just wish I could say the same thing for Annabelle. She had moved out of her parents house and into Jasper and my old apartment... for which we were still paying the rent. She was searching desperately for a job and still had an young baby boy to look after.

Her eyes looked a bit dead as she entered our house through the front hall, her eyes roaming around the newly decorated and renovated living space.

Her little boy, Neil, was babbling happily, tugging on his momma's long blonde hair.

"Neil--- oh for god's sake! Stop it Neil! momma's tired! Hannah, just take him, take him!" my exasperated friend thrust her child into my arms and brushed past me, collapsing on our sofa in the living room.

I bounced Neil on my hip, kissing him on the side of his head. "Who's a good boy?" I cooed, kissing him again. "Did you miss your aunt Hannah, darling?" I bounced him a bit more and he stuck his sticky fingers on my face and kissed me with his wet lips.

I came and sat down next to Anna on the couch, and called to Jasper.

"Coming in a moment, Hannah, I'm just changing Bella!"

"Okay, sweetie!" I called back to him, smiling.

Annabelle closed her eyes, massaging her temples wearily. " Do you guys have beer?" she asked me, sounding defeated.

"Anna, you know we don't drink. What's the matter?" I asked, concerned for my friend.

"I just can't stand the way everything in my life is reliant on other people now. Without you and Jasper, I would be homeless, without a penny and probably dying. Now, I rely on you two entirely to keep me fed, watered and sheltered. And Neil!! He always needs something! I can't do this much longer, Hannah!"

My friend looked at me, pain and exhaustion painted clearly on her face.

At that moment, Jasper entered the room, carrying our daughter at the side. She waved at her aunt Annabelle shyly, tucking her beautiful face into her father's side.

"Oh, there's my darling girl!" I cried, running over to Jasper and my wonderful daughter. I embraced the two of them, kissing Jasper passionately on the lips and then kissing my little baby's forehead.

"Hewwo momma," my little toddler cooed, sticking out her pudgy, dimpled little hand to brush my arm.

"Thanks for taking that one, Jasper," I grinned up at my wonderful husband, grateful for Bella's changing.

Bella reached over toward Neil, poking his face softly with her finger she giggled as he grinned. I set Neil down on the rug in our living room, and Jasper placed Bella next to him. I took Jasper's hand in mine and we walked toward the love seat across from the sofa where Annabelle was sitting.