Chapter One: Our Baby

I looked into her violet eyes, they reflected my own... I stared at her amazing beauty... she was mine. Jasper was kneeling beside the hospital bed, an amazed and loving expression on his face. His hand was on the baby, tickling her, and we looked at each other adoringly. This was our little family; something to be proud of.

Dr. Robertson smiled and left the room silently. Jasper and I stayed there, our arms wrapped lovingly around each other and our creation. It seemed impossible, amazing, magical that we could make life... together. Jasper and I were one, now... there was nothing that could separate us.

After a half hour of sitting in the hospital room undisturbed, we realised that we should go. Jasper helped me into a wheelchair and pushed me out of the room. We found Dr. Robertson in the hall, twiddling his thumbs.

He smiled warmly at us and told us to have a wonderful day.

Jasper pushed my wheelchair all the way to our car, and he helped me get in. I held our baby close to me. Jasper drove slowly on the way home, and he had a wonderful smile on his face.

"What should we name her?" Jasper asked mildly a few moments later.

"I don't know," I answered, "A name that's as beautiful as she is." I grinned adoringly at our tiny pink-ish baby. From force of habit, my hand dropped to my stomach, but it was flat. I had gained a few pounds from the pregnancy, but my stomach was empty. The child was in my arms.

My lips pressed against our baby's forehead, and my hand brushed over her short, short hair. I held her little hands in mine, kissing her blue-tinged fingers. Her hands were so small, so soft...

Her little mouth was so sweet in its perfect o-shape, and her cheeks were full and warm. Beautiful. Belle.

"Jasper?" I whispered.

"Yes, Hannah?" he smiled over at me.

"What about Bella?"

He smiled, his eyes glowing. "That would be perfect," he murmured.

"Bella." I smiled at our tiny little baby. She looked so peaceful in my arms... so beautiful.

***

When we got back to the apartment, I took Bella to the nursery that Jasper and I had prepared for her. I tucked the fleece blanket around her little body, which we had clothed in soft blue feetie pajamas.

I walked out into the kitchen, where Jasper was leaning on the counter. He opened his arms, and I jumped into them, my head nestling into his shoulder. We kissed, and it lasted for a long time; no odd cravings, no morning sickness, no bulging belly to get between us.

***

Just as I was serving out lunch for Jasper and I, there came a knock at the door. I started toward the door, my hand resting on the doorknob. I turned it. The door swung open to reveal a beaming 2- months- pregnant Annabelle. I scooped her into my arms and gave her a huge hug.

"Do you want some lunch?" I asked.

"Sure, why not?" she said. "Now, where's my niece?" I smiled at the way she said: niece. She was my sister, if not by blood, so she would be called Aunt Annabelle by Bella.

I held my breath as Jasper walked into the room, carrying Bella. Annabelle had never seen her before, so it was wonderful to see my friend's reaction. Her eyes filled with tears, and her face lit up like a lantern.  Annabelle's arms reached out, and Jasper placed Bella safely in them.

Annabelle rocked our little baby back and forth, looking down adoringly into Bella's purple eyes.

"She looks just like you," Annabelle said, looking at me. "And I can see little bits of Jasper in her, as well."

Annabelle grinned again, and handed Bella back to me.

I was a mother, I had a baby, and a fiancee and a best friend...

My life was perfect.