MICHAEL

"Describe it", she said.

We were passing the Centennial Park, when she told me how badly she wanted to see it. "Okay. Just wait a second", my phone says before I start tapping a new set of words.

"A place which looked fresh from the studios of Dreamworks, it looked like a princess had lived in the Parthenon years ago. Some leaves were turning a dull shade of orange while others were a bright yellow. The Parthenon stood to its utmost glory, a gleaming lake shining beside it. It was hard to believe that the Parthenon was a mere model, and that the real one was hundreds of miles away. Like a castle inside a forest, its beautiful structure and the colourful leaves was exactly same, save the King and Queen. The heat of the midday sun did no harm to the park, it had a canopy of red trees above it. The leaves that had already left their homes now formed a red carpet all the way to the monument. Some trees were leafless, adding a little haunted touch to the scene. One could try but will fail to capture this beauty in just one shot. The glass lake, colourful leaves, the proud monument, lifeless trees, everything added up to one short word- breathtaking."

Nothing could've been  more breathtaking than that view, except for Isabelle's reaction to it. I saw the yearning, I saw her want for sight. But instead of feeling pity, I felt grateful. Grateful that I had vision, even though I was mute.

"Amazing", she said, looking out even though she couldn't see anything. "I know", I said.

"No, not the park. Your writing. Amazing", and just like that, she made me blush. "Thank you", I typed in sheepishly.

"You know what my Mom says? She says that cameras cannot capture feelings but words can. And she was right", she says. I feel my cheeks burning.

"I might be able to write, but what use is it if I can't talk?", I type.

"You might not need a voice to change the world, but you need words. Use yours, and you can go a long way", she says.

Suddenly, my respect for her grows. How she believes in me, how she smiles and never complains even though she can't see the amazing miracles of the world. I have a feeling that this girl is going to teach me to love life, to have fun even though I can't communicate.

                                                             -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

The rest of the day was a blur of happiness, Isabelle started talking to me casually and not in a strained manner. She used my words to see, and I used her words to talk.

I think I'm starting to like her. Like really, really like her.

A/N: Sorry for really slow updates, its hard balancing school and life together. Did you guys like how I described the Centennial Park? It was quite hard as I've never even heard of that place before, let alone see it. Thanks for reading!!