Chapter 1- The Jinx

9:30 AM, 5th May 2011, Jameston Highway

"Hey Sam, you heard the news? They just caught a serial killer," Ned, the goof with really cute blue eyes informed me. "Hey Samantha are you even listening?" 

I didn't reply. Honestly, I was not listening at the time. I was too caught up in my fiction book; but how could I not have been. It was after all the book's best part - a serial killer was about to assasinate another killer. I just needed a couple more minutes. Almost done and...

"Yeah sure, her name is Velocita Smith right?" I hurriedly and excitedly replied as I was still trying to control my adrenaline rush. "She was arrested two days ago and is currently awaiting trial if I remember correctly."

"Of course you remember correctly! You have this disgusting ability to spit back whatever you read like a frigging encyclopedia." 

And there it was the bane of my existance Chloe Parks and her scornful words. I disliked that girl with a passion. Her and her stupidly gorgeous blonde curls and devilishly stunning hazel eyes. What kind of blonde has hazel eyes anyway? I made it a vow to myself that I would never stop believing that that creature was sent from hell to ruin every wonderful moment in my life. When it came to boyfriend-stealing, she won first, second and third prize. She was always, always chewing on my Zachary Blaine's absolutely perfect face. 

I sighed. 

"Anyway, Marquis are we closer to the amusement park yet?" I questioned openly.

"Wow Hills, now you look and sound like a nine-year old girl." 

Marquis, the school's soccer champion had this habit of criticising my weak-looking, petite frame each time he had to tell me something at all. Although this time he was saying the truth. The waiting was starting to get me impatient so i decided to take my mind off of the boredom. It was weird though because rigth when I was about to enter my cloud-filled daydreams, I imagined something horrific. The serial killer from the news, Veronica, was targeting my friends. I erased the curse immediately; but it didn't matter. I had already thought it. The jinx was cast.