First Night, First Guy

Purple Guy X Reader

•••

A soft humming sounded throughout the empty pizzeria, mixed with distinct footsteps. A lean figure made sure everything was in place, and not messy after the everyday fiasco caused by kids of different ages. The animatronics onstage looked especially eerie, with the night approaching and the full moon slowly replacing the sunlight with its softer shine.

It was a simple Monday, but nevertheless there was a job that needed tending the moment the clock hits midnight. The night guard, known as Vincent or Purple Guy due to his hair colour, was notified of someone new to the works of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria earlier that day, and he was instructed to show them the ropes. His coworker seemed to have failed to give full details, so he wasn't sure of the new person's identity.

He stayed around the entrance, the lifeless eyes of the animatronics boring into the back of his head. His other coworkers weren't on shift this particular night-after the schedule was changed with the addition of a new member-so he was alone.

His mind wandered off until he was snapped out of it with the glass doors opening. The small figure looked around and stepped into the small light that Vincent turned on, in order to conserve energy for the coming shift. He took in their appearance, clearly clad with the uniform. "Are you Vincent?" they asked, holding onto the strap of a small backpack.

"Yeah. And you?"

"(your name [y/n])."

He then stood up,"Alright then. Follow me, and keep up. We have to start by midnight." He flipped the switch, engulfing the two in darkness. "What was that for?!" [y/n] asked, clearly uncomfortable without light. "Energy conservation." he replied, walking off towards the designated room for night guards. It was dimly lit, which gave [y/n] the slightest bit of comfort.

Vincent gestured towards the chair,"Your job is fairly simple. Watch the cameras, close the doors at the right times, and only use the lights when necessary." "Wait what? I thought as a night guard I'm supposed to be like on patrol or something?" "Well, patrolling will only put you in more danger, love." he replied, his arms crossed. "Besides, I swear this is different from Night At The Museum." "How different...?" they asked, narrowing their eyes with suspicion.

"Chill kid. You know how those things become alive and sh*t? Here, it's somewhat like that, except the animatronics are out for blood." "... What?" "You'll see." Vincent stopped the conversation with the wave of his hand.

"And also," he suddenly remembered,"You have to conserve on energy. Or else there's a higher chance you'll get killed." "What's with all these killing stuff!?"

Before Vincent could answer with a sarcastic remark, the bell chimed. "Ah sh*t... Anyway, your shift is only on Mondays, so except for tonight, you'll be on your own." he quickly said, pushing the newbie onto the chair, grabbed a spare chair and set it next to [y/n].

He pointed out different things, making sure the (hair colour [h/c])-haired newbie was accustomed to the many things that needed attention. They shrieked seeing Chica at the window seconds after Vincent managed to close the door and turned the hallway lights on to prove his point about 'killing'. "They do move, but they're not really active on Mondays, for some odd reason. Probably Monday blues even gets to these blasted things." [y/n] was not in the mood for a joke after nearly getting a heart attack.

When 5am rolled by, Vincent was drumming his fingers on the table, watching [y/n] who was checking the cameras and the hallways periodically. It wasn't long before the bell chimed again.

Vincent stood up and straightened his sore back. He smirked,"Well, I wish you good luck, newb." "Huh... As if that'll save me from those things. But anyway, thanks for the help." "I was thinking... How 'bout a lil' payback?" his smirk lingered, and his eyes seemed to pierce [y/n]'s soul. They gulped in response, backing into the chair,"W-What?" "Y'know, the others know me. But you don't. How 'bout we spent some time together? To know each other more?" he suggested. The smirk was extremely unnerving, and [y/n] wasn't sure how to answer without jeopardising their life. Or something else...

His laugh bounced off the walls,"Just kidding, kid! See ya next week, if you're alive by then. If you come by tomorrow, you'll get to meet a couple others."

[y/n] stood up, with a few cracks heard when they stretched their limbs. "Yeah, maybe." Vincent grabbed their arm and pulled them closer to his body, leaning in to whisper by their ear,"Night, then... Love." He released them, then walked out as he disappeared into the hallways.

This Vincent seemed peculiar, and [y/n]'s curiosity was piqued and they wanted to know the secret he hid behind that grin.

~*~

A/N: whoop! First FNaF one-shot! Kinda short though. Anyway, I'm taking up requests! Which one do you want to see next~?

Also, I apologise for the gender neutral pronouns. If you want to request, I ask that you add in whether you want straight, or *coughs* yaoi. But even if you don't specify, it's okay! I write what I'm comfortable with!

Goodbye for now, and see you in the next one-shot!