Change of Plans

Medusa fought her hardest. She used all the worst spells she could muster. The dark ones she had been practicing as of late. The ones that could kill and torture. The ones she couldn't wait to use on her sister.

But first... she would have to clear away the Shinigami and his little troupe of pathetic weapons and meisters. It wouldn't be hard; she knew. They were clumsy and stupid. Already, she could tell they were trying to corner her. She looked around wryly. The idiots didn't seem to notice that they were forcing her towards the entrance to a hallway. There were columns on either side, but they were cracked and crumbling. Perfect. She could escape and block them out.

Medusa moved backwards, little by little, letting them think they had her trapped. She saw Crona in the corner of her eye, standing inconspicuously in the corner, waiting for orders.

Good girl, thought Medusa.

She was feet away from the mouth of the hallway.

Slowly... Slowly...

She took one last small step backwards, and whirled around, ready to escape.

To her horror, she realized the DWMA idiots had devised a plan of their own after all! Cornered on all sides, Medusa mentally kicked herself. Why hadn't she thought to see who was behind her? Thinking quickly, she remembered two things.

The first: Crona was still standing beside the columns, which threatened to fall onto the Shinigami's little meisters.

The second: A spell she had learned quite some time ago that enabled a person to fly.

She was cornered on all sides... except up.

"Crona, NOW!" she hollered, rocketing into the air. She heard the satisfying noise of falling marble, and heard pained screams as the kids were pinned underneath. Unfortunately, they were unharmed. But fortunately, her sister and the Shinigami ran over to help, leaving themselves vulnerable.

Medusa had felt no better feeling than the wave of glee that washed over her as she fired the killing spell.