one - the first of many i guess

Dear Maya,

        This is stupid and unbelievably cliche for someone who is in love, but here I am. Writing letters to you. Even though I plan on hiding them in the safest place I can think of and never, ever letting them reach you in any way, I think the point is to vent my feelings. That's what they do in the books anyway. It's to tell them to something, even if it is a stupid piece of fancy notebook paper that you brought me for my thirteenth birthday. 

         You really shouldn't have even bought me anything anyway, while we're on that topic. I know you were saving up for new paintbrushes. My stupid habit of eating the corners of every paper and this kind being "better for my health" is way less important than you expressing yourself, especially when you're so good at it. Then again, I'm biased and this is really unfair because you're not here to argue me. It's still true though. And I bought you those brushes your next birthday anyhow, so I suppose it shouldn't matter to me, but it does.

        And, I'm going to be honest, this whole writing thing feels weird to me. I'm trying really hard, for my health and your sake, but telling someone- something-my feelings is so foreign. All my life I have bottled absolutely everything and suddenly being able to express myself is something I guess I'm just going to have to get used to. 

        Peaches, though, if you could not devour Lucas' face in the middle of Topanga's next time that'd be great. I'm human after all. I can only take so much.

                                                                                                            Xoxo,

                                                                                                                      Riley                                                                                                              

-

idk what's happening i've just had this sitting in my drafts for a million years.

basically self-explanatory. riley is in love with maya even though maya is dating lucas and instead of breaking up the happy couple, and therefore making maya unhappy (something unacceptable for riley), she decides to write letters to her best friend instead, expressing her feelings there. 

there will be about 50-ish chapters (don't hold me to that)  and they will be short since they are letters. the chapter titles are what riley labels each of her letters. just a simple and easy-to-write book. hope you enjoy, i have new chaps and oneshots (and new books, ooh?) coming out soon. -e