Chapter 16: Choices

Dylan, Emily, Sean, and Anderson were in the elevator now. It seemed to have stretched bigger to accommodate for them.

"Sean? If you're here... we lost..." Anderson said.

"You have to much faith in me. We won but... I lost my eye... and Laurren... she killed me..." Sean said, obviously confused.

"Come on let's get it moving." The "gatekeeper" said.

"Up?" Dylan said.

"Up." Emily said.

"Up."Anderson said.

"Down." Sean said.

"What?" Emily said. "Don't be an idiot."

"I've caused the deaths of hundreds of people." Sean said.

"It's called survival." Dylan said.

"I was the one you were trying to hide from. I've killed hundred of Wattpadians. Good god that's a stupid name."

"Name some." Em asked.

"Serena Daniels, Running Home, That Anorexic Tree, Imagine Nerd Writing. That's just a few of the hundreds of thousands I've killed."

"Why did you do it?" Anderson asked

"It was K... he fucked with my brain. He fucked it all up and he gouged out my right eye, fucked with that, put it back in and I knew things I hadn't before. Jujitsu, kung fu, karate, mixed martial arts, boxing, all kind of fighting shit... I could predict my enemies movements."

"How come that one guy could beat your shit in?" Dylan said

"He was made to be unpredictable. As a safety measure."

"Hold on." The gatekeeper said. A phone had appeared in front of them. "Yeah... okay... got it." He threw the phone away. "So, Sean, or whatever your name is, you're gonna go up."

"What," Sean asked. "Why? I've killed hundreds!"

"Saving millions. More people want to live and are taking a stand because of you."

"I... I guess... Yeah... okay... I'll go up."