Chapter 17: Lone Survivor.

Dez charged at Laurren. Laurren dodged and kneed Dez in the gut. She punched Dez in the side of her face before kicking her down. Dez got up and pulled out a knife.

"You murderer."

"It's war! People die. It's a choice of nature!"

"You're a traitor!"

"You'll be like Julius Caesar by the time I'm done with you if you keep doing this."

"I'm the one with the knife!"

"You're military! Mostly training and little experience. I'm mostly experience and training. I know what works in theory but only in theory."

Dez charged at Laurren. Lauren grabbed Dez's arm and quickly twisted it. Dez dropped the knife. Laurren pushed her away crouched to pick up the knife. Dez tackled Laurren and punched her in the face. She kept punching, her knees on her wrists.

Dez got up and went for a gun. Laurren got up and take tackled her. They wrestled for the pistol. Laurren pushed the barrel of the gun toward Dez. Dez tried pushing Laurren away from her but to no avail. With the barrel pointing at Dez's eye, Laurren pulled the trigger. The bullet smashed through Dez's eye, through the brain and out the back of her head. Laurren got up. She had blood splatter across her face. Her face was now practically a Jackson Pollack painting of other people's blood. She walked down the mountain as the only survivor.

She walked past the corpse of K and grabbed his mask.