Chapter 8: The August Month

CHAPTER 8

Taras POV

Matt left the day after he punched Jason, but before his departure he came and stopped by at my house. He apologized and he said he would not ask me to wait for him and that when he would come home that we would be two different people. Although I did say I would try and that we would discuss it when he returned, overall I was sad about the whole thing. I didn't kiss him goodbye or even hug him bye, all I did was fist bump him. I don't even know why, it was the awkwardness moment I ever experience.

Jason and I haven't hanged out ever since and I haven't even bumped into him how I usually do.

Anyways, it's August 1st which means one more month until I have to go back to prison or also known as school. I feel like everything is going to be different, Matt won't be there and people will be talking I know that for sure. The truth is I'm kind of scared of going, I'm hoping that no one will really talk or look. It's like I'm now my own person, before I was known as Matts girlfriend I was always in his shadow I wasn't never known for just being Tara. I want to get something new something that will show people that I'm not the same person from before.

I'm in my art studio working on a painting that I've been working on since forever, my music is blasting and I'm in my zone until my phone goes off. I turn down my music and unlock my phone to see what the notification is.

Em- R u home?

Me-Of course

Em-Good I'm pulling in ur driveway now

I set all my stuff down and walk outside sure enough Emma's car comes driving in my drive way. I wave to her and she waves back, as soon as she exits her car she runs over to me and hugs me. I hug her back and she says,"Whatcha doing?"

"Just got done painting."

She nods her head and says,"Wanna get out of here?"

I nod my head and say,"Just let me get my purse."

She goes back in her car and I run inside to grab my purse and tell my mom that I'm going out.

I jump in Emma's car and she pulls out onto the road, she asks,"So whatever happen that night we went out?"

I reply confused,"I never told you?"

"Nope oh and what happen with Matt?"

"Well the night we went out I got drunk and Jason brought me back to his place--"

I got cut off by Emma saying shocked,"Oh Tara you didn't!?!?"

I stare at her with my eyes wide open and say,"Oh my god no he tried to get me home, but at the end of the night I stayed in his bed and he stayed on the couch."

"Well thats boring."

We both laugh knowing that she was juts joking, then she asks,"And Matt? Did you atleast say bye?"

"Of course, he said he wouldnt want me to wait and that when he came back we would discuss everything."

She just nods her head and keeps driving, the whole drive to the mall was silent.