|| 8 ||

Adriana had fallen asleep on her porch and found herself in her bed later that night. A small part of her was confused at why her father would do such a simple yet the kindest thing he has ever done to her. 

Today she had decided to go and eat breakfast in the kitchen, it was a long time since she had done that. She usually ate in her bedroom. Today she didn't have to study because her mom was away so she decided that she could relax. Thankfully her father was also away so she wouldn't be punished tonight. 

She looked at the clock. 

9:04 AM. 

She wanted to send Damien a good morning text. But she couldn't. She was so used to write late at night. Adriana believed people showed their true colors late at night and she was so used to write at 2:00 AM that writing to him at 9:04 in the morning felt weird. 

She took a deep breath and sent Damien a text before giggling and putting her phone far away from her so she wouldn't be on the messages and await his message like a pre-teen writing to her crush. 

Then it hit her, did she like Damien? 

No she couldn't, she had never seen him.

What If she fell for him? What If she was too- No, she would never fall for someone.

Not after Eric Green. 

FLASHBACK

You're so fucking weird. 

The words hit hard when they left Eric's tongue. Adriana swallowed hard. 

'' You never let me meet your parents and do you know how hard it is to date a home-schooled girl who never wants to hang out anymore? '' He growled and hit the wall next to her, memories of her father beating her flashed through her eyes and fear filled them. 

'' Damn it. '' Eric hissed and massaged his fist. 

'' Are- Are you breaking up with me? '' 

'' Yes. '' Eric whispered and looked away, '' Bye Addy. '' 

And he walked out of her house. And she never saw him again. 

END OF FLASHBACK

She had met Eric through her childhood friend Erie. Adriana always told her father she was meeting Erie at her house when in truth she was going to the house next to Erie and meeting Eric. Erie was the only friend her father let her have and he didn't want her to date. So Adriana had to lie and lie to meet her boyfriend. 

But after Erie moved away, Adriana and Eric met less and less and she always declined when he tried to come over at her house. One day he couldn't deal with it anymore and went to her house ( thankfully her parents were away ) and broke up with her. 

Since then she has never even glanced at a guy. 

But now it was different. She had butterflies in her stomach whenever she thought about Damien and it hurt to not be able to meet him. Maybe she was falling for him or maybe it was the comfort to have someone to talk to that she was feeling. 

Damien looked at his phone while the professor talked about Shakespeare, which he couldn't give less shits about. It was a text from Adriana. He frowned, she never wrote to him so early. 

'' Good morning, hope you have a great day in school. :) '' 

Damien smiled at her sweet text. 

When he was about to reply, he's buddy Jones tapped his shoulder. 

'' You coming tonight? '' Jones asked and leaned forward. Smiling wickedly. 

'' I don't know man. '' Damien said and put his phone down, forgetting to answer Adriana. 

'' You have to man, Krissy is coming. '' Jones wiggled his blonde eyebrows before running a hand through his platinum blonde hair, '' She wants to bang you dude, you have to. '' 

Damien chuckled and rolled his eyes and turned back to the professor. 

He forgot to answer her.