7.

Niall's POV

I awoke after what seemed to be a few hours. I wasn't sure how long exactly I had been asleep for but it had to have been quite a while. I was no longer on the couch, so I assumed that Harry had carried me into a different room. He was asleep next to me, his arm laid gently across my stomach.

As strange as it may have sounded, I had almost forgotten that our previous conversation had occurred. I actually felt as though I was going to wake up and still be in Liam and Louis' spare room. Having Harry laying so close to me felt weird but it was honestly the best kind of weird.

I frowned at the thought of everything that Harry had admitted to me during the conversation. If I had known Harry was hiding something like that from me, I wouldn't have felt so offended that he didn't tell me.

As horrible as it was having to deal with him leaving, I could kind of understand why he did it. I had no idea what his father was capable of and if he thought that leaving was what was safest, I couldn't exactly blame him.

Saying that, I didn't want him to leave again. I didn't want Harry's father ruin the perfect life that Harry and I had built together, I didn't want to say goodbye to my happy relationship again.  

~

I suddenly felt the urge to throw up, making me try and slip out of the bed without waking Harry, before exiting the room and going straight into the closest bathroom.

After I had calmed down and stopped being sick, I washed my mouth out with some water and headed out of the bathroom, heading into the living room and catching sight of Liam sitting on the couch.

"Hey, Niall," Liam smiled, locking his phone.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked softly.

"Of course," he replied, motioning for me to sit down beside him. I did as he requested, nervously picking at the skin around my nails. 

"Thanks...for everything you did for Harry," I said.

"I assume he told you everything," he cleared his throat. "And I suppose that I should be thanking you as well."

"Why would you thank me?" I asked, frowning.

"I may have been a brotherly figure to him during it all, but I could never be there for him the way you are. Even when he claimed he would never like you, I knew that you would make him realise that he deserves happiness. I didn't think I would ever see him genuinely smile again."

I smiled. It was weird to think that I had made such an impact on Harry, as I always felt like he was the one that made an impact on me.

"He never told me what was happening to him, but I saw the way he closed up and I knew something was going on. Some days I could see bruises," he sighed. 

"Why did you never ask him about it?" I questioned. 

"I did. Many times, but I never pushed him further than he was comfortable. Harry always put others before himself, and he hated it when people would fuss over him. He felt like no one loved him, that he didn't deserve to feel loved."

I smiled at him sadly, knowing full well that he was thinking the exact same thing as I was; that Harry deserved love more than anyone else.