Chapter 3

Emma's POV

I wake with warm strong arms wrapped around my torso. I smile to myself, as I stay trapped in his embrace. I haven't felt this comfortable being in his arms in so long. I slowly unlock his hold on me and sneak out of the bed after placing a kiss on his forehead. He looked so peaceful sleeping. I love him, but he's been hurting me too much lately. I walk into the bathroom and start my shower. It doesn't take long for the water to warm up, so I strip myself of my clothing and walk into the steam filled glass container. The shower relaxes my tense muscles. I shampoo and condition my hair, massaging my scalp. I take my washcloth and spill the body soap onto it and begin to cleanse myself.

After my shower I walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and head to our closet. I notice Harry isn't on the bed anymore so I quickly walk into the closet and find something to dress myself in fast. I put my hair in a bun and slip on blue socks after I find some grey sweats and a black t-shirt to put on. I walk out of our bedroom and my nose is filled with the smell of waffle batter and bacon. I smile to myself and see Harry faced towards the stove. I step quietly towards the kitchen so he won't notice me. As I get closer I can hear him singing his song "18". I smile and hum along to his tone. It sucks that I'm still not allowed to sing yet. The doctors take forever to figure out when I can sing. I should develop something that will help me recover faster. Harry turns around and smiles at me. He puts the bacon on the two plates on the counter. He had already made eggs, the waffles, and now the bacon is done. I also notice that he prepared each of us a cup of fruit with grapes, strawberries, watermelon, and orange slices, but only his has banana slices. I don't really like bananas.

"Morning love." He says smiling softly, his dimples showing.

"Morning. I see you've gotten better at cooking." I joke.

"I know. You don't have to cook so much anymore." He winks.

"Thank goodness, but when you cook just don't burn the toast." I laugh as I remember our vacation.

"Ha-ha very funny Stark." He says sarcastically.

"That was super funny wasn't it?" I say referring to my teasing statement.

"Oh hush, come on let's eat." He says and grabs both plates and leads us to the table in front of the glass wall where we can see the entire city. He pulls out my chair letting me sit down then pushes it back in. He leaves me at the table for a bit.

"What do you want to drink Em's?" He calls out.

"Apple juice, what else Styles." I say back.

"Figured." He replies with a slight chuckle.

He comes back with two glasses and the apple juice container from the fridge. He pours the juice into the glasses. I watch him cap the container then put it in the middle of us. I get the sudden urge to do what I haven't done in ages. I put my hands together and bow my head then begin to pray.

Father, I pray that this meal's nutrients help my body to get healthier. I pray that you help keep Harry and me civilized today and throughout the week. Father I also pray that you help me in terms of guidance, I want to find my way to happiness again. Thank you Father I believe you will assist me with what I have prayed for. In Jesus name, Amen.

I open my eyes and see Harry looking at me and smiling. He knows I haven't done this in forever too. He hasn't either. I watch him close his eyes and bow his head after he puts his hands together. I watch him pray silently like I had just now. We need to start doing this as a couple. He finishes his prayer and I smile at him like he did to me when I opened my eyes.

"I haven't prayed in a long time." He comments.

"I know I haven't prayed in such a long time either." I reply, "I'm glad I did it though, it felt nice to do again."

"It did." He says grabbing my hand and kissing the top of it.

We eat our breakfastquietly and peacefully while looking at the view this apartment gives us.