The Choice.

“It’s pitch black outside and all I can think about is if the moon was slowly fading away like it is now when my parents gave me up, when they decided I wasn’t good enough.” 

Lydia Hunt hated nights, especially the ones when you could witness the moon fading away, these nights were all too familiar, a bit too familiar for her liking. 

It reminded her of her 13 year old self, when she used to cry tears the same pearl shaped tears as the rain, but the rain washed away pain and tears reopened old wounds. It reminded her of her 13 year old self sitting by the window of her orphanage and wonder why she wasn’t good enough. 

She remembered grasping on to the little fragments of her parents, her real parents like it was a life line. As much as she wanted to remember her parents she wanted to remove the memories of her orphanage days, she wished there was a delete button for memories.

After being adopted by Emily and Edward Thomas, a young couple, all is well. She takes on their last names and keeps her real last name as her middle name. Lydia Hunt Thomas.  

All is well until she dies. Until Ellen dies. 

And then all is sad. So sad. So tragic. It all goes away, the memories and the horrible nights, it all goes away except Emily's smile and the pain. 

As Lydia turns 17, Edward goes overseas for his job whereas Lydia stays, with her best friend Lilina in the house they both bought together, Lydia and Lilina are typical popular, senior year cheerleaders who have gone through the ups and downs. They share every secret. 

But will Lydia tell Riley that she found out her real parents. 

Will she tell Lilina that she doesn’t know what to do. Most importantly can she decide whether to leave everything she has for the people who left her, or will she stay and let the people she dreamed about fade away.

Can She Make THE CHOICE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-This Is My First Story Ever, Hope you like It! (: A Special Thanks To @NihaNazar.