chapter one

her delicate fingertips felt themselves move along the rim of the letter she had received, before tearing it apart with a shriek.

"aish! why can't these people just understand; I didn't kill her." her porcelain skin was streaked with muddy tears. already, it was the tenth hate-mail she had received within the past day.

blowing out her cheeks, she slid down the side of her couch, before reaching into a bag of potato chips beside her. she munched on the forbidden, calorie induced junkie, a sense of frustration lingering in her passionate bites.

she licked the grease off the tips of her fingers, before feeling them inch straight ahead of her, aiming to grasp the pink cased phone in front of her, on her glass coffee table. immediately, upon reaching it, she flicked through the contacts to find her upper and most immediate contact.

manager do. her next door neighbor, who absolutely refused to share any contact with her - unless it included complaining about her loud and obtrusive late night singing.

"ya! where are you? it took me three rings before reaching you!" she complained, her voice getting higher and shriller by the second.

as usual, he replied in his calm, deep voice. it usually had a touch of aggravation, with song yi on the line.

"i'm grocery shopping."

her face fell at his flat statement. it provided no details whatsoever to what else he might've been doing. as an actress under manager and body guard do min joon, she expected to receive full reports about his whereabouts - at the least!

"well, for what? hey!- while you're at it, get me some spoon worm." her voice was very lively, and if lines could measure how much expression she put into her words, it would be a mess of squiggly lines.

a wearisome sigh was heard on the other side of the line.

"again? i only just bought another pound yesterday!"

"i ate it all."

"already?"

"i have a big appetite." at this, her lips pursed in what seemed to be a pout. it showed through her words as well.

"hey, who's my manager?"

there was silence heard on the other side of the conversation. she let out a sharp exhale, her pout immediately transforming into a frown, accompanied by furrowed eyebrows.

"you are, you bastard! so do your job and buy me some spoon worms!" and with that, she hung up, directly after hearing an exasperated sigh from the other.

it wasn't song yi's fault that she was so demanding. she had grown up fifteen years in the acting industry, before rising to be the face of korean drama - and even south korea itself! but after false accusations that were still being investigated of her pushing another depressed actress to suicide, her fame underwent a large drop downhill.

but until then? she could ask for anything and everything she wanted - and then get it in a blink of an eye.

but since she was resting, a hiatus from the cruel world, she couldn't seem to afford such luxuries. and, her new "so-called" manager was her next door neighbor. which, although he was rather grumpy most of the time, wasn't so bad.

and didn't have a bad face either.

after she heard a sharp ding from the elevator, she quickly jumped up and proceeded to exit her room, carrying only her cellphone with her, and clad in only her pink pajamas. despite the name, they were still rather fashionable sleepwear.

"do manager!" she greeted him, waiting patiently by his door as he juggled two large and brown paper bags.

"what are you doing here?" his tone was so flat, that he might as well have stated it. her face fell once more, but into an annoyed pout.

"what do you think? waiting for the food, of course!" her pout slowly gave way to a sheepish smile. "and you too, maybe."

he only pushed past her to plug in his password. by this point, he trusted song yi's terrible memory to not remember his passcode.

"aiyoo, you only wasted my time."

"oh please!- you secretly love spoon worms too."

"i do not."

"yes you do!"

"i don't."

with a defeated sigh, she instead reached for the bag that contained the food. her fingers wriggled as her tongue licked her lips hungrily.

with surprising speed, she mashed the spoon worms and the other food items he bought, into a decent looking meal.

she placed the plate carefully on the mat, before patting the seat next to her eagerly.

"eat eat eat!"

"i don't like to eat with others."

"but i don't like to eat alone."

after a minute's worth of an intense battle of staring at each other in the eye, min joon gave an exasperated sigh before reluctantly sitting in the chair she had gestured for him to sit on.

"fine."

AN;

nothing feels-y in this chapter - just want some fluffy goodness/character explanation (even though it isn't all that good, hah!).

if you don't already know, this is entirely derived from the kdrama - my love from another star. NONE OF THE CHARACTERS ARE MINE.

i'm not entirely sure if i'll even continue this, but oh whale. i love this ship so so much.