Chapter 2

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the first chapter!! Thanks heaps for reading it btw :) hope you like this chapter!! Sorry it's a bit short 😁

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zayn's P.O.V

It had been a few days since I'd seen Anastasia. I was really regretting getting engaged to her. I stalked her on Instagram and Facebook and she isn't wearing anything showing more leg than just above her knee, and her tops are always high. I don't think she's my type of girl, compared to my past girlfriends/fiancées, Perri and Gigi. I felt a slight pang in my chest as I thought of them.

I heard what I know is my mum's footsteps coming up the stairs, and I looked up knowing she'd be appearing at my door any second now, as my bedroom was the first door when you came up the stairs. She knocked on the door as I said come in.

"Hey Zain." Mum said.

"Hey," I replied.

"So, I was thinking, maybe you want to go see Anastasia? You know, to start some wedding planning, plus you haven't seen her in a few days." My mum told me, not really caring whether I wanted to or not.

"Well I don't really have a choice, do I?" I snapped.

But my mum was used to it, and just replied dryly. "No. You can ring her now, I've got her home phone number right here." She said, while handing me a neat white piece of paper.

"Wait, she doesn't have her own phone?" I asked, bewildered. Who at 18 years old doesn't have their own phone?

"No, her parents are very strict, which is also part of the reason why I expect you to wear something a little more formal when you go over there, hopefully tomorrow afternoon." She ordered me.

"Ugh!" I complained. "Why do I even need to have an arranged marriage? You're rich because of me! If I knew this would come out of that X factor audition I never would've done it." I yelled, annoyed at my mum and myself for getting rich. My mum completely ignored my outburst, and continued rambling on about what she wanted me to wear, me completely ignoring her this time. She was finally finished and I was snapped out of my daydream by my mum dropping a navy blue suit on my bed, with a light blue shirt and a stripy blue tie.

"What the hell Mum?! You're never gonna make me wear that, not in a million years!" I yelled at her.

* the next afternoon *

Anastasia's P.O.V

I looked up from my book, Pennies for Hitler by Jackie French, at the sound of the doorbell ringing. I put in my bookmark, and stood up from my chair, not very excited at the thought of seeing Zayn again. I know, it seems rude and I would never say it out loud, but I just don't think he's my type. And to think my parents chose him for me to marry? Well, they didn't know who he was, but they chose his parents, I guess..

I was knocked out of my thoughts at the sound of the doorbell ringing again twice. Wow, he was impatient. I started walking towards the front door as more doorbell rings were heard throughout the house, pissing me off. (Don't ask me how I know that word! I would never say it out loud..)

I finally reached the front door, swinging it open angrily, Zayn had rung the doorbell at least 15 times by this point. I was met by an equally annoyed Zayn, and my expression turned surprised, why should he be annoyed? He's not the one with the doorbell echoing throughout the whole damn house. Actually, mansion, which makes it even worse, as there are speakers in every room.

"How long does it take to open a damn door?!" He asked, clearly annoyed. I've never been talked to like that by anyone before! I was Anastasia Williams for heaven's sake! How dare he? I was extremely offended. "Don't you dare talk to me like that again!" I recovered, even madder than I was with the doorbell ringing throughout the house 20 million times.

"Honey, I'll talk to you however I want to." He said sassily. He wasn't worth the fight. I had been taught that from a young age. I decided to give him another chance, being the gracious and kind person I am. "Come on in!" I said and gave the biggest smile I could muster, which was barely a grin. He rolled his eyes and walked in.

This was going to be a longer day than I thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!!

Mel xx