Chapter 2

(Hola it's Mace^^)
___________________________
   Okay, looking at that pile of pictures, sweaters and some shoes. Namely, Alex's favourite pair of stilettos.
   "Papa! Where do you keep the gas for the grill?!" I screamed through an open window hoping he heard me, seeing as I only live with my dad, and brother of course...My mum passed away during my freshman year, sobbing back-story for another day. I waited a few more minutes, hearing nothing, just about to scream for him again when I got a response.
   "Mason, why do you need to use the grill?" Papa asked me, sounding a lot more tired than usual. I just grinned.
   "I wanted to light Lanson's and Alex's crap on fire." I kept smiling, hopefully he'll just smile and say okay. Since I'm 'daddy's little princess' as he used to put it.
   "Can you tell me why you want to light their things on fire?" Papa looked disappointed, like what I was asking for was wrong, but it's not, I'm getting rid of all the reminders of who betrayed me.
   "Well, Lanson was screwing Alex when I went to visit him after getting back." Casual, just like before. Blank stare, no reaction, perfectly fine. He just looked at me like I had three heads.
   "L-Lanson did what now?" To my surprise, he looked angry. Noting that my father was not a man of violent or any nature, this just shocked me. He's always calm about things even after mum...yeah.
   "Yup, I'm over it though now, so can I get the gas and matches? Please Papa?" I was almost begging, almost. Warming up those puppy-dog eyes, just incase he says that I can't.
   "What are you planning on burning? No lies now." His stern voice gave me chills like I was in a police office...yuck.
   "Just his varsity jacket, pictures and Alex's favourite heels." I state oh-so-matter-of-factly.
   Papa is just looking at me, keeping quiet, debating on whether to let me burn all the crap before us. "How about you sell the jacket? They are very expensive, might as well get some money out of the...jackass." To say I was shocked he had a better idea than me was an understatement. Being phased didn't last long though before a devious grin spread across my face. I pulled the jacket out of the pile, ran through the house and up the stairs to my room again. Maybe I can call up Bridget -- my much less of a whore friend -- and then see who would want Lanson's jacket.
"....ring......ring.....ri-Hello bitch-cha-cho?" Bridget's classic answer to the phone, of course.
"Bridget, I got some 'gossip' if you want to hear."
"Uhm? Duh! Tell me! Is it boy dramaaaaa?" She sang out the last word like the choir chick she is.
"Why actually it is...soooo..." I dragged out the 'so' because well who really wants to tell the main stream for gossip you were not good enough for your boyfriend to stay faithful? Yeah like I thought: no one.
"Well spit it out already! I can't read minds jeez." Impatient much?
"Lanson cheated." Okay. It's out there.
"HE DID WHAT?! That boy better watch his motherfuckin' back! With who!? What bitch would do that?!" I held the phone away from my ear for about two minutes waiting for her to calm down, like even I didn't freak out that much.
"Alex. With Alex." I said calmly, casual just how I have been. I kinda wonder why I have been so level about the whole thing...
"I knew it. She's a whore. You could like see it." Was it always noticeable with her? I mean yeah, she did sleep with most of the guys at this school..
"Yup," I said popping the 'p', "little miss whor-e-o slept with my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend, I walked in and he was like 'oh baby yeah.'" I mocked a man voice the best I could. Which got a laugh out of Bridget. "But that's not why I called...I have a bunch of their things," cue eye-roll, "and I was wondering where the best place to sell it is."
Waiting for her response, I got up from laying on my bed and walked over to my closet, of course I was keeping some things they got me like this super sexy, skin-tight, black dress. Perfect for the party that someone was throwing tonight. I'll have to look on Twitter for the address. "Hello Bridget? Did you like stop breathing?" I joked, she's probably looking for websites or girls who are obsessed with Lanson.
"Yellow! Yeah I'm here, I found a chick online when I posted an ad, 'LAlove'? Do you think they'll--dude they just put five hundred as their price for it!" She was screaming, excited to sell this thing, I was too but not ecstatic.
   "That name is familiar, I don't know, and really five hundred?!" I was about to say more when my phone buzzed, saying I got a text, from a random number.... "Hold on Bridget, I got a text from a random number.."
   "Who do you think it is?? Tell me when you find out!" She squealed, literally squealed like a pig.
   I opened the text to see it was seriously two words: 'Hello Mason.'
   I began typing fast, because first of all, I don't know this person, and second, they know me...
   'Who are you? And how do you know my name?' Is what I sent back.
   I didn't get a reply yet so I put my phone back to my ear. "This is weird, like very weird, they know my name and my number what is this?"
   "Maybe it's a stalker! I wonder if it's a guy! MACE!!! What if it's Lanson from some guys phone?" She says all excitedly.
   "I doubt that. I practically told him to get out of my life." I said seriously.
   My phone buzzed in my ear again, maybe they'll say who it is.
   'We have to talk. Bankhead park in one hour.' Vague much? So getting on my nerves. I hummed, pushing my tee-shirts around, thinking about going, maybe it's a psychopath wanting to murder me!
   "Bridget! Meet me at the Bankhead park in twenty minutes, and bring Sammy with her Smith and Wesson
.380, I think we might be meeting who mystery person is..."