A War

Oli POV

I awoke to the Rockee whimpering and crying next to me. I picked him up, letting Ace sleep, and took him to Felisha so he could feed.

On my way to the Nursery I heard my parents talking.

"What do we do, Lavi?" My mom said obviously distressed.

"We do what we have to." My dad said.

I scurried off and gave Rockee to Felisha. I then hurried back to where my parents were talking.

"What is wrong?" I asked.

My mom, Luca, looked at me and wiped his face.

"AquaStone is calling a war..." He said looking distressed.

I looked to my father for more explanation. He just nodded at me.

"So we are having a war?"

They nodded at me.

"Our alliance is BloodEarth, Shadowless, and RunningWater." Mom sighed. "But I fear the effects of this war."

I nodded. "Me too."

I left the room. Would I have to fight? Would Ace have to fight? I was terrified. Why would my own relatives challenge us. I know they still had some beef against DarkNight because Dad decided to stay.

I went to get Rockee before heading to mine and Ace's room to see him sitting up in bed.

"Where have you been?" He asked gently.

"There is gonna be a war..." I didn't answer his question.

His eyes widened and he brought me onto his lap. He hugged me close while I held Rockee. I wanted to hide away forever. To escape the approaching war. To save all the lives that would most likely be lost.

Yet I refused to cry.

I felt as if Ace, Rockee, and I would be OK. As well as the rest of pack beside us.

This was only another war to add to our history.