Chapter sixteen: Dragonslayer

My peaceful slumber was interrupted by Sean as he was shaking my shoulder. "Xabe, you have to wake up." He urged.

"Why does everyone keep on disturbing me?" I groaned. My energy had finally run out from many weeks of training. I just wanted more rest.

"You need to wake up, sleeping ugly. The commander is here and he wants to see you." Because of the word commander, I got up so quickly that I jumped to my closet.

"Wow, Xabe, look at you! Someone is improving!" Sean commented with a grin.

"Thanks, I trained." As Sean stood up from my bed, I once again saw him wearing his indigo glasses. Unlikely, he sported a violet robe with a blue rose on his left chest. His curly hair was up in a ponytail on the back of his neck.

"Come on, now. You have to dress yourself up. And why is your pajama pink?" Sean pointed at my sleeping attire.

I glanced down and turned back to him "Long story," I told Sean that instead of saying my sister's mistake. Sean waited for me to get ready. He told me that it's very important to see the commander. I took a short bath, tuck in my red uniform, black pants, and shoes, brushed my teeth, comb my hair, and wore my watch necklace. "Okay, Sean. I'm ready." I went outside the room.

"Great. Let's move out." We headed downstairs before seeing Commander Grayson ordering warriors in a big dome. Honestly, this room looked like the cathedral, from the pillars and curtains with the Flash warrior symbol on it. "Ah, good morning, kid." The commander smirked as he turned to me. Like Claes and the woman beside him, he wore his black uniform with a Flash warrior emblem on his chest pocket. His hair is combed back, well organized. His green and orange eyes were sharp and determined. "Morning," I replied. "I'm so glad to see you alive."

"And in one piece." He spread his arms while looking down.

"So what's the visit all about?" I asked.

"I came here to know how you are doing."

"I'm working great, thank you. Captain Claes is a great teacher. I hope you see him in action."

He smiled. "I wish I could, but he wouldn't be that confident when someone's watching."

Commander Grayson may be right. Sean cleared his throat."So commander, is there something you need to ask?"

Commander glanced at him before realizing. "Oh, right, how's your progress in training. Any idea what your magic is?"

"Well . . . as far as I can tell, I can run fast." I demonstrated my speed by running to my room to get some water and came back without a sweat. Commander whistled. "And I can produce deadly energy blast." I repulsively opened my palms as a bright red light shone.

Before I could fire the blast, the commander immediately blocked my hand down and said, "Not here."

Then I realized what I was doing and clenched my fist as if holding my magic into a lock. "Whoops, right. Sorry about that. Got a bit excited."

"I think we're getting closer to finding out what your magical abilities are."

"All I have to do is to keep using it."

"That's good, kid. Now come with me." He gestured me outside.

"Where to?" Commander Grayson went back and looked behind his shoulder. "To meet Giuseppe." I looked at Sean. He was certain about the commander as he nodded. And so I followed him.

"I don't want to believe in what Giuseppe said in the camp, but as the captain spread the prophecy from the Oracle of Prophethia, I am certain it is the truth." His eyes were full of concern. On each side of the exit, black and blue warriors aligned and form a salute every time we reached them.