Best Friends

What was that noise? It was too annoying and too loud. I put my hands over my ears but that didn't help. I groggily opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was John lying beside me with the source of the noise, his phone. I screamed and fell out of the bed, landing on my bum.

        He was roaring in laughter as he looked down at me. I glared at him and got up. Ouch, that hurt.

"How did you get in here?", I said annoyed. He sat up, put his hand on his pocket and showed my key card.

"How did you get that?", I said astonished.

"Swiped it from your pocket yesterday", he said casually. I grabbed it out of his hands and placed it on my night stand.

      "Anyways, you need to get dressed. Come on", he said standing up. I shook my head and lay back on the bed. "No way", I said,"I am going back to sleep."

     He pressed a button on his phone and that annoying sound started again. I groaned and put my pillow over my head. After a while, I gave up. "Fine but put that stupid thing off". He smiled and put it off.

     "OK get out", I said.

"Why?"                 

  "Because I need to get dressed."

"So? I'm not rolling that way."

"Whatever. You're still a guy."

     He sighed and walked out. "I'll be back in thirty minutes", he said before closing the door. I shook my head and smiled. The guy was growing on me. I'm not usually this trusting. I got into the shower and soon I was putting on my blue ripped jeans, loose red sweater and blue sneakers. I put some light makeup on and grabbed my purse. I heard a knock at the door.

"Thirty minutes", John said from the other side. I checked my reflection, grabbed my key card and walked out. I shook my card in his face and said,"mine" and put it in my pocket. He just smiled.

      "So where are we going today?", I said as we got in the elevator. He shrugged as we walked into the restaurant. I shook my head as I put some toast and eggs on my plate. I sat at one of the tables and waited for John to join me. He joined me shortly and immediately started eating. I shook my head again.

"So really what are we doing today?", I said as I bit into my toast.

He shrugged and said,"Driving".

        Brittany walked over and sat down on the next chair. I rolled my eyes. She really needs to learn a lesson from yesterday.

"So, John wanna come up to my room again tonight?" she said tracing her hand up his arm. What? Is this girl drunk? Again? I turned to John and waited for his response.

     "Um, Brittany, right?" he said. She nodded. "I don't know what you are talking about but I thought I told you yesterday. I'm good", he said.

Her mouth dropped open in surprise. "You asshole", she spluttered. I flinched, curse words. She stood up and stormed off.

I shook my head. "Drama queen". I smiled and looked at him. He was smiling.

"Let's go", he said, standing up and walking out. He waved at the receptionist.

"Hey, Chloe". She waved back with a flirty smile.

Immediately we were out of her seeing range, I whispered,"How'd you remember her name?" He shrugged again.

      I frowned as we reached the car.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, why not?", he said clicking his seat belt in place.