Prologue

One month ago.

Sasuke stared at the small newborn infant in his arms and tears of pride streamed down his face. He was beautiful; God he was perfect; and he was his son. Sasuke truly could not be any more proud. Could his life be anymore perfect? At the age of twenty-eight, Sasuke was a father. Hinata - the girl of his dreams - was his wife. Everything he could have asked for he had obtained. Sasuke had even recently inherited half of his father's company. Everything he ever wanted he had in the grasp of his hand.

With tears in his eyes, Sasuke approached his wife and held her hand in his. Hinata's hair was tied up in a messy bun. Her cheeks were flushed; sweat and tears streamed down her face. To Sasuke, Hinata had never looked more beautiful than she did now. She stretched out her free arm to him and he softly placed his son in her delicate hands.

"Our son," she sobbed and smiled weakly.

She held her son close to her face and kissed him softly in his small forehead. They joy of holding him in her arms was indescribable. It pained her to have to say goodbye so soon. Just when he would need her the most. Looking up to her husband she kissed him lightly on the lips.

"No matter what happens," she paused her her voice becoming ragged. Sasuke could see she was beginning to struggle to speak clearly."Be there for h..him"

" Of course, always." he said as he kissed her forehead. Something wasn't right.

Why did it feel like a goodbye?

That's when he noticed it, Hinata was burning up. Sasuke felt her again to make sure he wasn't dreaming unfortunately he wasn't. He looked at Hinata worriedly and he noticed she was struggling to keep her eyes open, her breathing becoming slow and uneven. Sasuke began to panic, taking his son back into his arms. Sasuke turned to face the doctor for some kind of answer,  but the machine's loud beeping snapped his attention back to his wife as the doctor and nurses rushed to his wife side.

" Sir, were gonna have to ask you to leave please." One of the nurses spoke to him firmly.

" W..whats going on?" Sasuke managed to ask as she took his son from him.

" Sir, please everything will be fine but you need to exit the room." The nurse said as she guided him out.

"N..No wait" he struggled as she urged him out." Hinata!?!" Sasuke called out as he was forced to exit the room.