Chapter 1

"LACEY,WAKE UP!"

I groaned as I opened my eyes.

"LET ME SLEEP, WOMAN!"

I rolled over and covered my eyes, blocking them from the morning sunlight.

" I SAID WAKE UP, BEFORE I GIVE WESLEY ALL OF YOUR PANCAKES!"

At that, my eyes shot open and i jumped out of the bed.

"NO WAY! NO ONE TOUCHES MY FOOD."

I ran downstairs as fast as I could, almost falling on my face in the process.

" WESLEY! "

I ran faster and reached the kitchen, ready to attack.

" Well, I'm glad you're up " my mom said and took a sip from her coffee.

" Did you just?" I glared at my mom.

" Oh yes, I did " my mom laughed at my glare and put her mug down.

" Where's Wesley?" I yawned.

" It's 6:30, he's supposed to be here at around 7:00"

I glared at my mom again. " IT'S 6:30??? WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP SO EARLY?! SCHOOL STARTS AT 8!"

" Calm down. You're coming to work with me today. No school for you."

I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to get ready.
I'm used to it now, my mom's work has become a part of my life.

My mom worked as a nurse, in a private hospital. Apparently, the hospital my mom works at is a secret one.

What does that mean , you ask?
Well, the hospital trusts certain people, and never accepts new workers without checking their background and making them sign a contract to never tell anyone about the location of the hospital.

Now, why are they doing it?
I have no idea.
I tried asking my mom, but she said that "she promised to never tell anyone, even her own daughter".

I mean , why is it such a big deal? No one will know if she tells me.

I sighed as I opened my bedroom door, and started getting ready. I quickly took a shower, brushed my teeth and chose an outfit for the day. I got dressed and checked myself in the mirror, my dull grey eyes staring back at me.

Once I was done, I went downstairs to eat my amazing pancakes. As I got closer to the kitchen, what I saw made me stop in my tracks and stare.

" WESLEY! "

I ran as fast as I could and grabbed the poor pancake out of his hand, hugging it and comforting it.

"There , there " I whispered while petting it lightly. " No one's going to hurt you anymore. "

" HOW COULD YOU! " I screamed at Wesley and hugged my pancake closer to me.

Wesley just stared at me , and then suddenly he burst out laughing.

"OH MY GOD! SHE'S HUGGING A PANCAKE !"

He continued to laugh while trying not to choke on the piece of pancake he had in his mouth.

" SHUT UP WES! I CANT BELIEVE YOU ATE MY BABIES!" I pouted.

" Lace, I can't believe you're hugging a pancake! "

he stopped laughing and looked deeply into my eyes.

" Lacey, listen to me. " he said while looking serious.

"Those are pancakes. You're supposed to eat them." He picked up another pancake, and slowly took a bite.
" See?"

" EXACTLY! , I AM SUPPOSED TO EAT THEM. ME, AS IN LACEY REI WILLIAMS. NOT YOU, PANCAKES KILLER!"
I yelled furiously, while glaring at him for eating another one of my precious pancakes.

Wes just stared at me again and I could tell he was trying hard not to laugh.

" I'm sorry " he said while coming closer and hugging me.

" It's okay " I hugged him back.

"Just don't eat my poor pancakes. Best friend or not , I won't hesitate to kill you!"

" Okay , okay " he chuckled and went to sit down.

And that, my dear friends, is my best friend in the whole world, Wesley Cole Lee.

Wes and I have been best friends since diaper days. He has always been there for me , and I for him. Wes is like the older brother I never had , even though we are both 17.

Wesley's parents works at the same hospital my mom does, so he is allowed to join us today.

Wesley and I practically grew up in that hospital, we spent most of our days running around the hospital's corridors when we were younger. Now ,we come to work whenever they need us.

Wes suspects there is something wrong with the hospital, and so do I.

Well you see, I have this theory.

I believe the hospital is full of supernatural creatures.
You can call me crazy, laugh at me , throw tomatoes, I don't care.
I'm going to prove my theory.

" Lace? "

" Yes Wes? " I replied and started eating my pancakes.

" We have to go to the hospital. Your mom has already left."

" Okay, let me just finish my pancakes " I said and started eating faster.

" Damn Lace, slow down" Wes laughed at me.I ignored him though.

" I'm done" I said while rubbing my full stomach .

" Okay, let's go "

We got out of the house, and made our way to the hospital.

*

*

*

A/N:
Hey guys! First chapter is up. I'm sorry if it's short, it's currently 2am and I'm pretty tired.
I'm sorry if there are any mistakes.
I really hope you liked it.
Thank you for reading :)