5. The Fight

I giggled in excitement when I heard the song and I yelled, " Come on! Let's dance I love this song,"

River shook his head in resistance.

I quivered my lip in my best imitation of the puppy dog face, and looked at him.

He sighed resignedly and I made him stand up from the barstool as I led him into the crowd.

I stripped off my jacket, laying it on the stool, and led him to the middle of the dance floor ignoring his protests since the smile on his face told me otherwise.

He stood in the crowd just watching me move to the beat, he slowly rocked his body in order to match the tempo but in no way was he really comfortable.

I shook my head in exasperation, and decided to take matters into my own hands by placing his hands on my hips.

River looked at me surprised that I would allow that to happen but soon he realized that we were supposed to move together as one.

I started swaying my hips to the music, allowing his hands to softly grip my sides sending electrical currents up and down my skin.

He slowly mirrored my movements and lightly pressed his body against mine watching and reacting to my steps.

I moved to the beat, silently lip syncing the lyrics, everything mixing together to create one indistinct mixture of music, people, and background chatter but Rivers's body with my own stood out amongst it all.

Together we moved, and as the song continued, I felt a little daring. I turned around, making my backside face his frontside, and secretly smirked when I heard his near sharp, silent intake of breath that I wouldn't of heard if I wasn't so close.

I swung my hips slowly, gliding across his body like I've seen in those music videos and movies. I didn't really know what I was doing, but the way his hands gripped my hips tighter excited me.

I almost squeaked when I felt his hands touch the bare skin of my sides as the bottom of my shirt was riding up. I turned my head and smirked at him, and the smile he sent back made something in my stomach jump.

As we danced, I felt him becoming more comfortable, matching my movements with his, his hands never leaving my sides.

I pressed against him even more, feeling my confidence skyrocket knowing I was able to get a guy like this all worked up over a few touches. Something touched up against me, shocking me out of my groove. I jumped, and felt pain on the top of my head. I had just uppercutted River with my big head.

He stumbled back into another guy behind him before he regained any sense.

I felt my cheeks burn as I tried to take my eyes away from the uh sizable outline on his pants.

Before I could, River was aggressively turned around by the guy he bumped into.

"Did you just fucking bump into me, bro?" The tall angry man that had River by the collar asked.

River quickly jerked out of the guys grip and yelled back, "No I think, you bumped into me."

The man pushed River, forcing him into me, and the crowd began to move away from the impending fight except for the five teens that moved to stand behind the jackass that pushed River.

"Hey man, watch it," I heard Flea say while walking towards the guy.

Flea outstretched his hand to get the guy's attention, but he smacked it away," Get outta here Flea bag. I have a problem with your pretty-boyfriend over there not you, so scram before you join him in the ass beating that's about to go down," he said angrily.

Flea looked to River and out of nowhere River swings at the guys face and knocks him to the ground.

I felt a huge hand on my shoulder suddenly, and I looked up to see Dick saying, " You need to get away from this before it gets too ugly."

Out of the corner of my eye I could see behind him Shaggy and Aurora, jackets off, ready to fight.

I looked at Dick and shook off his hand," I can fight too ya know. I've been in a few fights myself."

A few feet away, the guy who River decked in the face was slowly getting up with the help of his friends.

"This is not the kind of brawl you want to get into, girlie," I heard Aurora tell me," Your pretty face wouldn't last a second. When it starts to go down in here, it doesn't stop until one side is unconscious."

Now, I'm all for a fight, and I can give as good as it gets, but seeing the murderous look in the guy's eyes directed at River and his friends, I stepped behind Dick's broad frame and let them handle it.

"You're dead Rivers!" The finally recovered guy said and he charged at River.

There was a yell of 'FIGHT' and it all descended into chaos.

As I backed away I could hardly distinct River's yells or any of his friends, I went back towards the bar and saw the bartender still pouring drinks so I sat at a stool and watched the fight while waiting for my own drink.

I cringed and winced at some particularly nasty hits, Aurora knew how to take a punch, and Dick was taking two on by himself, and I realized that this was outta my depth.

I gulped down the drink and stood, as I wanted to go outside and get away from this crazy stuff, but I suddenly felt a dull burning from my back and my head. Suddenly I was on the floor.

From my position I saw River stop fighting and turn towards me as he decked the guy that wanted to fight him. He ran to me and cradled my head.

I felt his hand on the back of my head, and I saw him remove it only to see it covered in blood. River quickly muttered under his breath, "Shit," and stood back up to look at the crowd.

"HEY," he yells, " Who did this?"

I could see blurry shapes standing over me, and River as he starts pointing and shouting at the people who were forming a circle around me. The fighting all stopped, and no one made a noise.

My vision was swimming and I was able to focus and notice he looked back to me. I felt my body get lifted up and cradled.

My last sight was of River slowly lifting me up and carrying me out of Aleka's Attic with his friends following behind.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hey guys, sorry we've been gone for a while but this chapter was so funny to write. I bet you can guess who wanted to go with the first half and who wanted to go for the second half. Hint hint Tommy liked the first half so I let him write most of it. Make sure to comment and vote

-Tommy & Brooklynn