CHAPTER 1

'Got cha', screamed Hilary, as she threw a paper ball at Juniper. Hilary is the meanest girl I have ever come across. She thinks that by doing all this she's really 'cool' but you know what she's sick.

Anyways, I didn't have time to distribute awards for the most terrible people of the world. I was tensed about the upcoming exams, that were next week.

I'll introduce myself first.
I am Maria Walter. I am in the eighth grade. I study in Sydney Bay High [also known as SBH]. I am fourteen years old but I seem short of my age. I have blonde hair and brown eyes. I am really sensitive and I cry easily.

I live with my Dad and a kitten. Her name is Spice. She's a persian cat with soft white fur and blue eyes.

My mom expired when I was a kid, since then my Dad has been everything for me.

He has laid many rules before me like I have to go to bed as early as possible, tie two plaits of my hair and could not talk on the phone unless I am done with my homework.

I have to dress like a kid as my Dad picks up clothes for me and they are usually frocks or skirts.

But since the beginning of this year he has loosened a lot. Now, I pick my own clothes and he allowed me to style my hair as I wish to. This was all because of a few friends.

They and me convinced my Dad that I wasn't a kid anymore and I needed some space and freedom.

But the major cause that my Dad gave up all these rules waa Kate Thomas, she was my Dad's high school girlfriend and they both loved each other a lot. But due to some problems they had to part away.

Dad met her after a long time and started dating her again. She is one of my best friend's mom, who has just settled here in Sydney. My friend and I got Dad and Kate together, in the beginning when my friend came to Sydney.

I am a shy girl but I have many friends, Dad says that I can mix up quite well with people. My Dad is just so great, he loosened all the rules and also allowed me to date, yes I have a boyfriend and we're going for a steady date.

His name is John Bruno. He's smart, cute and an athlete, he some what resembles my favourite actor. My friends like his jokes too. He's in the eighth grade just like me.

Again I got distracted as Hilary was trying to aim another paper ball at someone but missed it. Just then Mrs. Brown came in.

She said, "Who ever will be caught cheating or coping next week, shall not be able to give that particular exam and shall be sitting in the detention room for the whole day."

As she said this we all got up to wish her and then she left the class. Once again I was reminded about our pathetic examination next week. Its not that I am bad at studies but I was just nervous as every kid is.

I had being preparing for this disaster since a month.

***************************************
A/N:
Hello everyone! This is my first legitimate book on wattpad. This actually isn't a book, it is a short story. READ.
VOTE.
COMMENT.
SHARE.