24 - Nasir...

"You're not going anywhere!", Trip yelled at me. This time, he was at my house.

I knew I shouldn't have told him my plans, but I figured he would want to help me in handling this nigga she messing with. On top of that, we can get her back down here!

"You tripping man," he continued, "You not going down there and you not bringing her anywhere. I didn't want her to leave, but she down there taking care of herself. You not 'bout to go down there and lay a fuckin' hand on Mia."

"What do you meeaann? I thought you would be okaay man!", I exclaimed as my words seemed to slur. Ever since the phone call I've been snorting a lot. Lately, I've been finding myself depending on the drug. Right now, it was helping me make the decision of bringing Mia back to where she belongs.

"No I'm not okay. I don't wanna have to hurt you, don't make me," he retorted with a deadly look in his cold eyes. I zoned out and felt like I was floating. The sound of his voice was no longer heard. When I came to, he wasn't here anymore.

Well I guess I'm alone in this one, I thought to myself. I packed a small bag of clothes, made a couple private calls, and ordered a ticket for LA online. I was coming for my baby.

***

Next Day -

After the flight and making it through security, I was finally in Cali. Yes I was really doing it and beyond excited to see Mia's face again. I wasn't about to let Trip, her bitch ass boyfriend, or anyone else stop me.

For a minute, I was starting to feel guilty about what I knew I wanted to do. I knew it was wrong. So in the airport bathroom, I snorted some more cocaine and those feelings vanished. I was ready and felt untouchable.

I flagged down a cab and called my connect once I settled in. After getting the address, I had the driver take me there.

Thirty minutes later, I arrived. After some negotiation and exchanging money for what I wanted, I was satisfied.

I left that run down apartment with a smile on my face and a glock 19 in my bag.

****

Mia...

Ever since that dispute over the phone, Cairo has been really tight. I've just been nervous, but I don't let my feelings get too serious. Nasir is just talking crazy. It's just the threat that's been getting to us. I try to make Cairo understand it's just an empty threat, but I don't even know if I believe that myself.

Right now, we were cuddled up on my couch. I was just trying to watch TV without worrying about Nasir. I couldn't tell what Cairo was thinking, but he always looks pissed off nowadays. I leaned up and kissed his soft cheek, making him smile.

"I just want you to feel better," I whispered. "I hate seeing you so mad all the time."

"I'm sorry baby," he said, looking me deep in my eyes. "I wanna tell you something."

"What?"

"I love you, Mia. I'm really falling in love with you."

My heart skipped a beat. I smiled. "I love you, too babe. I was actually scar-"

Buzz, buzz!

We looked at each other as our smiles slowly dropped.

I reached for my phone before he could.

4045550155 : im comin for you

Every vein in Cairo's neck was visible. His fist were clenched so tight. Slowly, he stood and walked away from me. I looked away but heard a loud thud. He punched the wall and left a huge crack in it.