Chapter 3

“What are those sounds?" Angela says to us and stands up on a rock to be able to see better. "I don't know, maybe we should go wait in the car and let everyone else figure it out, I’m kind of scared" Angela answers back. She is never this easily frighten.

"Hey we are leaving, maybe you guys should too!" the guy that served us the food says to us as he rushes through us heading to his vehicle.

As we stand to figure out what we are planning to do screams get louder. Someone screams "The blood is everywhere!"

"Mom, blood? BLOOD?" I scream and attach myself to my mother’s arms.

"Mom please lets go, let’s go mom!" Angela screams and pulls us both by our shirts.

It was too late by that time. Screams were already right next to our ears. Someone had come from behind the mountains. His arms were both missing; his face no longer looked human. All you saw was his skin underneath. Nothing your ever supposed to see.

What is going on? Who did this to him? I don't know what to think! I can no longer move my legs. The sound is slowly drifting away like i was losing my hearing....

Everything is moving so fast time is surely slowing down.

"MOVE! RUN!" my sister screams, tugging at my sweater. My mom is now next to the man, making sure she could hear what he is saying. Why is she doing that? Why isn't her instinct to run, cry, scream?

"Mom, why are you doing that? What if what hurt him is coming this way? Let’s leave please mom!" i beg for her to get up and come with us to the car. This is like a bad horror movie. This stuff is not supposed to happen in real life!

"They won’t come, they won’t come near you!" the man says to us. What is he talking about? Why wouldn't they hurt us? What makes us different from everyone else?

Suddenly everything is so confusing. I cannot breath right, walk right, I cannot even think of what to do next. It's like I’m a 2 year old again. Looking at my mommy to tell me what to do, tell me everything is going to be alright and this is just a bad dream.

My sister is just standing next to me with her face in my arm. Whispering to her self something. I cannot make out what it is. Suddenly my mom finally speaks to us. All the sounds now appear.

"Honey, let’s go to the car" she grabs us and i  no longer feel scared. The ambulance is here, they park their truck, and two men jump out. They run towards the injured man.

"Bye mam, be safe!" the man screams at my mom. Why would he say that? Does he know my mom?

"Ok mom, what was that? Do you know him?" i ask my mom, eyes wide open, jaw dropped down.

"There's something i haven’t told you guys, something i had to wait until you were older to tell you" she tells us with agony and pain in her eyes. Like she wishes she never had to tell us what she is about to say.

This is so nerve-racking. Why doesn't she just say it already?..............

(Vote and Comment)