Chapter One

Death; It’s something you can’t avoid.

It happens to the best of us and it happens to the worst of us. No one wants to face it, unless of course you think your life is just so horrible that you’d be better of dead but that’s never the way out.

But that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the people who die who don’t deserve to die; the people who were leading great lives and who were young and had more life to live, the people who had kids that they loved dearly and friends and family who loved them dearly.

That’s what happened to me and my five brothers. Our mom and dad were killed by rogues as they were out in the woods as humans. They were werewolves, to be specific, just like my siblings and I. If we could, we would have had a normal funeral but we couldn’t. When a werewolf dies in there human form, they turn back to there wolf, so naturally, we couldn’t have a funeral for two wolves. My brothers and I decided to hold our own little ceremony in the woods, where my parents loved to be, and buried them there.

None of us cried; we were silent except for our final words. Each of us wanted to be strong for one another and we couldn’t do that if we were crying. If one of us starts crying, we all start crying and then there’s no one to help us through the tragedy. Don’t get me wrong, we all feel the same amount of hurt and sorrow but we decide not to show it. My dad used to say, ‘don’t let anyone see your emotions, it could one day kill you in battle. Be tough. Be strong’ and at the end of his speech me and my brothers would grin and say, ‘Army Strong’. So, in a way, we were honoring him. Respecting them.

The hardest thing was forgetting about it in the days that followed, especially in as small of a town that we lived in, word got around fast and people were constantly giving us sympathetic looks or patting us on the back as they walked past us on the street or even going as far as hugging us and telling us that they were ‘sorry for our loss’. I mean, I appreciate the sympathy and all that but it doesn’t help us move on. It doesn’t help us forget.

So that’s where we are now; trying to forget by leaving. Leaving this place that we all called home for our entire lives and going to some new place. Starting over, starting fresh. No more sympathetic looks or hugs. We didn’t want there pity. What’s done is done and that’s that.

As they say, when you're with family, you're home. No matter where you go.

Let's just hope this new place will be able to withstand my brothers and I.

Well! Thanks everyone for all the support and stuff! I'll be uploading chapter one and creating a cover SOON! Chapter one is almost half way done ;) Mwahahahahahaha!!!