Chapter 3

Hey guys sorry I have been really busy lately but I hope this makes up for it, I don’t own The Outsiders S.E. Hinton does. Enjoy! :)

Ponyboy pov

                Lolly and I continued working on our science project until I glanced at the clock on my desk; it read 8:00 o’clock. I set down my book as Lolly looked up at me, I nodded at the time and she let out a sigh. She gathered her stuff as we slowly made our way to the living room; the guys sat around and glanced at us when we came in from the kitchen. Lolly set her bag down and slipped over the arm of the couch and sat down with her legs crossed on the furniture. Johnny sat on the floor in front of her; I leaned into the side of the door and looked at the sight before me.  Lolly sitting with the gang, it was like she belonged there and belonged in our lives.

                “Your parents are probably wondering where you’re at” Darry said to Lolly, she bit her lip and looked at me. Her eyes held fear but it was quickly masked over with a tuff gaze. She turned back to Darry and cleared her throat.

                “Actually Darry I was wondering if I could stay here tonight?” Darry nodded slowly and looked back at the T.V probably wondering why she would want to hang out with the gang. I walked over and sat on the arm of the couch that Lolly was sitting in; she grabbed my arm and pulled me so I was sitting next to her. I draped my arm around her shoulders as hers slipped around my waist, the guys glanced at us some shocked others amused (mostly Dally).

                “Get a room” Dally said with a laugh, I looked at Dally and I finally realized what an ass Dallas Winston really is. Before I knew what was happening I shot up and out of my chair and I punched Dally right in the jaw. His head snapped to the side and then he looked back in shock but not before anger took over his features. He tackled me to the ground and made a sharp jab to my ribs; I flipped him over and smacked him in the face three times. Someone’s arms pulled me off as Dally shot up and threw his fist out; Lolly stepped in front of me and caught his fist in her hand.

                “Please stop” she said and released his hand; he calmed down and took a step back while staring at me. Blood ran down his cheek from his nose and a black eye was starting to form as well. Lolly turned and looked at me while raising her eye brow giving me a questionable look. “Say you’re sorry” I let out a sigh and turned back to Dally.

                “Dally I’m sorry for hitting you” he stood up straighter and walked over to me while making his way around Lolly. He stood a few feet away from me when suddenly a smile broke out on his face and he picked me up in a hug.

                “It’s alright Pone, never thought you had it in ya” he said with a laugh and set me back on my feet. Lolly let out a giggle and grabbed Dally and I by the hands and dragged us to the kitchen, the others followed as Lolly grabbed a white box out of her backpack.

                “Here” Lolly said while opening the box and handed Dally some cotton balls for his nose, he nodded a thanks and stuffed them up his nose and tipped his head back to stop the bleeding. Darry walked over to the fridge and pulled out a cold piece of steak and put it over Dally’s eye. Lolly turned to me and touched my face very softly; I winced but didn’t move away from her touch. She pulled out a Band-Aid and placed it over the small cut that was on my cheek.

                “Thank you” I whispered and kissed her, she smiled but then blushed red as Dally made a wolf whistle at us. I rolled my eyes and took Lolly’s hand as we waited for what the guys had to say. Soda smiled and then began to talk.

                “You know this was the only time Pony hit Dally ever…and I think you have something to do with that you little trouble maker” we busted out laughing when we realized he was talking to Lolly. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

                “Nope, trouble is my sister’s middle name…not mine.”

Well I hope you guys liked it, : ) had a lot of fun writing it but now I have to go, bye guys!!!!!!! Cant wait to hear from you.