Jack

Dean's POV

Finally. Time to forget hunting and have a drink for a while. Sam and I walked into a cheesy bar a few miles north of the Texas-Mexico border. I head straight for the stools scattered around the bar, and Sam follows me, taking his seat and pulling out his laptop.

"Really, dude?" I say, gesturing to his screen as he continued to look for cases to solve, "C'mon. Have a drink, go talk to the ladies,"

He just looked at me and scoffed, "Dean, we haven't discovered a case in weeks. I mean, you'd at least think there would be a-a murder or something,"

I rolled my eyes and nonchalantly looked around the bar. That's when I saw her for the first time.

A woman sat in the corner of a bar, occasionally taking sips of whiskey and nothing but the florescent  light of her laptop shining on her face. She was simply beautiful.

I couldn't help but stare. She was different than all of the other girls I had met; I got this feeling just by looking at her.

I turn Back to the bar, realizing that Sam was still talking about one of the conspiracies in a town we visited two days ago, but I guess I wasn't listening. I grabbed my drink and turned towards the girl, catching Sam's attention, "Really, Dean?"

I stand up, "Oh, yeah,"

I walked over to the table she was sitting at, and plopped right across from her, earning her hazel eyes to land on me.

I smirk at her, and gave her one of my signature pick-up lines.

"Hey beautiful, did you fall from heaven? Becau-"

She immediately cuts me off, "Nope, but I did scrape my knee a little crawling up from hell,"

At first, I'm completely speechless. The girl smiles and raises her eyebrows, as if to mentally say, betcha never heard that one before.

"I-uh... Wasn't expecting that." I admit, which causes her to smile even more, "Usually that one gets the ladies pretty quick,"

"Well, I'm not your everyday catch," she states, then stuck her hand out over her laptop, "I'm Jack,"

"Dean Winchester," I return, and shook her hand.

Jack looked at me with disbelief, "Wait... The Dean Winchester?"

"One and only,"

"Never heard of you,"

"Nice,"

She laughed through her smirk, which caused me to laugh as well. That's weird, I thought. A girl's never really made me laugh before.

"I like you," I said to her as she took a drink, "You're... Different,"

"What, you think you can just buy me a drink and I'm yours?" She said, closing her laptop and resting her crossed arms on it, "Trust me, t' won't work on a girl like me,"

"A girl like you..." I echoed under my breath. Her chestnut hair fell on her face as she smiled once more.

We continued to laugh and talk, about pretty much everything. Her phone began to ring and she excused herself from the table. I nodded and started to take sips of my whiskey bottle as she grabbed her phone and walked to an unoccupied part of the bar.

I wasn't exactly eavesdropping, but I heard familiar terms as Jack spoke into the phone. Little bits of demon blood and old warehouse drifted around. She continued for a few more minutes and soon hung up, walking back to where she was sitting earlier.

"Are... You a hunter?" I asked, looking at her more carefully now, spotting a mark of protection stitched on her brown leather jacket. She looked up at me in surprise, raising an eyebrow.

"Of... Sorts," Jack stared at me, "Depends. Who's asking?"

I rolled my eyes and dug out my angel blade, laying it flat on the table. She looked at it, then at me.

"Dean... Winchester...?" She pieced, and her eyes widener in realization, genuine this time.

I nodded, and smirked.

"Huh. With all the talk I expected more,"

"Shut up," I laughed.

We smiled silently for a few seconds when I got a stupid idea, "You know, you should come hunting with us, Sammy and I. We could use a... Girl like you,"

Jack's smile suddenly dropped, and her face became placid, "Oh, I-I don't really think that would be such a good ide-"

She was cut off by Sam, who had walked over to our table, his computer in hand.

"Hey, Dean. We got trouble in Chrystal City," I sighed and looked at Jack, who had started to pack up her stuff, still not looking directly at me.

I nodded to Sam and told him I'd meet him in the Impala. He reluctantly agreed and continued to step out the door.

I then turned back to Jack. She was trying to stifle a smile, but I could tell something was wrong, "You're welcome to join us, beautiful..." I smirked.

"Um, I can't. You know, my... Dad is wanting me to do some hunting stuff," she shook her head, the. Suddenly smiled, "Maybe next time?"

She handed me a napkin with little ink scribbles on it. I couldn't really make it out in the bar's dim lighting, but I got a feeling I had just got this girl's number.

I smiled and said goodbye, and paid for her drink. I trudged back to the Impala, slid into the drivers seat, and clicked on the radio, "Chrystal City, here come the Winchesters," I mumbled as Faithfully by Journey blasted on the radio.

With the little napkin in my pocket, I had a feeling I'd seek Jacki again. Someday.

Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts
Go alone tonight

They say the road
Ain't no place to fall in love
Right down the line
It's been you and I
And Falling for a man like me
It's never what it's supposed to be
Oh, girl
You stand by me
And I'm forever yours
Have faith in me