the holding of hands

Daichi can't help but wonder how he got this far... How he has managed to go on dates with Suga once, every other week for the past four months...

He can't believe that he has gotten better at holding conversations... He can't help but wonder how he has gotten to a point where he is able to do an equal number of talking and listening... How he has managed to grow close to Suga, so incredibly close...

Close enough that he is able to touch him... That he is able to grab hold of one of Suga's incredibly soft hands... That he is able to intertwine Suga's pale fingers with his tan fingers.

No matter how many times they hold hands... It feels like the first time...

After having their hands brush against each other five times in the past minute Daichi decides to ask... He decides to ask Suga if he can hold his hand. He is about to ask, using what little courage he as when Suga beats him two it...

When Suga, with a hand shaking due to nervousness and excitement grabs hold of one of his hands... Grabs hold of one of his hands and stammers, "I h-hope you d-don't mind..."

"No, I don't mind," Daichi says, with a chuckle, "I was actually thinking the same thing..."

"Really?" Suga asks, earning himself a "yes" nod from Daichi. Upon emitting a sigh of relief, Suga says, "Thank goodness... Oh, and Daichi? You can hold my hand anytime you want."