Chapter 19

Mistfur told her story of many magical happenings. It was unbelievable.

Even Creamwhisker's spirit heard it. He was so jealous that nothing believable happened to him. He decided to kill Mistfur so he himself could control the forest.

There was a slashing feeling on Mistfur's back. Mistfur couldn't see Creamwhisker or evil spirits, but she attempted to fight back. She scratched Creamwhisker's belly without knowing. Creamwhisker still fought back. Tigerheart had a special power. He could actually see spirits. Any spirits. Creamwhisker slashed at Mistfur.

Tigerheart dashed over to protect Mistfur. He ran to Mistfur and was scratched really bad.

Tigerheart?!

Mistfur thought. Tigerheart, no! it can't end like THIS!

Creamwhisker disappeared. Tigerheart collapsed to the ground.

"Hey! You get over here!" Tigerheart called. He managed to crawl a little bit, but collapsed again.

"Tigerheart?" Mistfur meowed. She nudged Tigerheart. He didn't move. He wasn't breathing, either. He was dead. Really. Mistfur picked up the body with her mouth and ran to MistClan camp.

"Everyone! Tigerheart is dead!" Mistfur meowed, muffled. She put down Tigerheart's body.

"No! Tigerheart! You were going to be my next deputy..." Hopestar meowed.

"What can we do now?" Mistfur asked.

"Well, all we even can do is sit vigil for him," Hopestar answered.

"Yes, we must. Speaking of which..." Whitefur meowed. "Goldentail! You impersonator AND murderer! You, you, Y-O-U are in big trouble. Your father right there thinks so too." Whitefur continued.

"What did I do?" Goldentail hissed.

"Impersonated Hopestar and killed Tigerheart!" Whitefur hissed back.

"I didn't kill Tigerheart! I just impersonated, yes, you caught me."

"What a tattletale," murmured Greenfeather.

"Yes," Lionfur meowed.

"Who would even think Greenfeather is right?" Mothnose hissed.

"I think Greenfeather's right." Icewing whispered.

"All of you, hush." Whitefur meowed.

"You hush!" Mistfur yowled. "I've had enough, ENOUGH of all these unnecessary harms! You know better! It was Creamwhisker's evil spirit who killed him! HIM! You got that?"

"It was, huh, Mistfur? Umm... Okay." Whitefur accepted.

The cats were dismissed. Goldentail was in her den.

"Hey, you." Mistfur walked in and said to Goldentail.

"What, Mistfur?"

"Get out."

"What?"

"Get out." Mistfur sternly repeated.

"Oh, so you think I did kill Tigerheart, did you?"

"No! Just get out!" Mistfur hissed. "I can't stand you anymore."

"Fine, Mistfur. How about a deal. I stay here for a few more days, and leave when I'm ready."

"All right, Goldentail. I'll be at SunClan's camp if you need me."

"You do that," Goldentail meowed sarcastically.

***

"Hey, Adderstar! You'll never believe what happened this other day!" Mistfur called. There was no response.

"Hello?" Mistfur called again. She walked into SunClan camp. She checked all the dens. Not a single cat was in any of those dens.

"What is going on..?" Mistfur wondered. Maybe I'll tell this to everyone at the next Gathering. they'll know what's going on. Mistfur thought.

Quarter moons passed, and at the next Gathering, Mistfur tells the cats SunClan is missing. The cats seemed shocked. But then a rustle came from the bushes. A

Pinkish gray she-cat with blue eyes stepped out.

"Dawnfur! Where is your clan?" Petalstar demanded.

"Can you tell us why you are the only one here?" Brownstar meowed.

"Seriously! Where have you been?!" Hopestar hissed.

"I looked in your clan, no one was there! Could you explain why?" Mistfur asked.

"Everyone is in SunClan now. We are fine. But..." Dawnfur spoke.

Dawnfur took a deep breath. She spoke at last after a few heartbeats.

"I have news. SunClan will not attend any more Gatherings until someone is fully recovered. That someone is Adderstar! She's ill!"

"Do I look like I care?" Petalstar hissed.

"Shut up, Petalstar." Icywind hissed back.

Mistfur looked as if she was the most shocked of them all. Mistfur decided to skip the Gathering and so did Goldentail. They left for SunClan to see just what was going on.