BLACK MAiLiNG MR. iDOL

ANYEONG HASAEYO! My name is Wes, Wesley Natividad, and I'm a girl. :) Even I, didn't know why my mother named me with a boy's name. If my father was present when she discussed my name with the nurse, I bet he would not agree either.

I'm half-Filipino, half-Korean. my father was the korean one.

My omma told me she met appa in Korea when she worked as a sales lady in a Philippine grocery. She said, appa really likes pinoy food. I bet you can now imagine how their romance started. :)

I haven't seen appa since the day I was born. My omma said, appa left her when he learned that he got her pregnant. He was scared to tell his parents that he got a sales lady (not to mention, non-korean) pregnant.

I have two brothers, by the way. Omma named them, "Lovelyn Faye" and "Marie Yosefine." Everyone called them, "Faye" and "Marie." Our mom was weird, right? We have a different fathers. Faye is a half-American and Marie is a pure Filipino.

Our mom told us that we should call her by how a "mother" was called in the country where our fathers originated. I called her, "Omma," Faye called her, "Mommy," and marie called her, "Nanay." She said, it would be easier for her to know who among her children was calling her if we'd do that.

Omma's love story with Faye's and Marie's fathers was kind of similar with her love story with my father. the only difference was, she ended up with Marie's father.

We were sharing the same last name which is "Natividad," because Marie's father adopted us already. I was sometimes envious of Marie because he got to know and live with his father.  Unlike faye and I, we had no idea how our fathers look like.

The only thing I know about my father is his whole name. Park Dong Gun. Because I still didn't meet him, I felt like a huge part of me was missing. I want to meet him and I want to know more about him. i want to know if he somehow resembles like me.

And because of that urge, I decided to go to Korea to look for my father and to help my parents as well.

My step father had a huge debt and i needed to help him, if not, Marie might become fatherless too, and i didnt want that to happen.

When i got to Korea, i worked as a chambermaid in some hotel by the morning and a sales lady in a Philippine store by the evening. That way, I could send money to my family in the Philippines.

I looked more Korean than Filipina so maybe i was more suited here than in the Philippines, but my heart still belonged at my mother land. often times i felt so homesick but to avoid that feeling, i always thought of how i could help my parents if i stayed longer here in Korea.

I asked all the middle-aged Korean men for their names coz that way I might find my father. if i was off to work, i stayed in one place and asked all father-liked korean men and interviewed them. I met five Park Dong Gun's but unluckily, none of them favorited pinoy food. In the hotel where i worked, everytime i cleaned the rooms of the customers, I always searched for their ID's somewhere just to know their names coz my father might be the one occupying the suite. I didnt steal personal things of course. And one unfortunate time, I got caught by the customer and he reported me.

And you know what? Some absurd thing happened to me in Korea that changed my whole life forever. I didnt know if i was lucky or jinxed? You judge. :)