IX. | Glass

Sitting in bed, you stare at the ceiling, Kagami's words echoing through your head.

'Why can't you only look at me?'

I don't know Rei, I'm sorry. You turn to your side, hugging your pillow. Oikawa's face shows itself among your thoughts.

'Hey, (Y/N)-chan~!'

Oikawa-kun has always been there for me, what has he really done to deserve this? There's really been something going on with him recently too, put I can't put my finger on it... Sighing, you bury your face in your pillow. You know what you must do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next day, you wake up to your phone ringing next to you. Reluctantly, you reach over and answer it.

"Hello?" Comes a sleepy mumble from your mouth.

"Wake up, sleepyhead. School is still a thing y'know."

"Iwa-kun...?"

"Yes, now wake up and get ready already or else you're going to be late."

Call ended.

Now awake, you look at the time and realize. Oh my god, he's right.

Shooting out of bed, you rush to the bathroom to freshen up. Running back to your room, you strip and change into your school uniform, buttoning the shirt as you hurry to grab your bag and get outside. Waiting for you were none other than Iwaizumi and Oikawa.

Crap, it's Oikawa-kun and we haven't exactly resolved anything yet. But there was no time for a sappy apology session because you were running late. "Oikawa-kun, we can talk later. Let's get to school on time please," You say as you already begin jogging on your route to Seijou.

You hear chuckling belonging to Iwaizumi as the two boys follow.

Panting, you barely make it through the door of your class as the bell rings.

"(L/N)-san, please take your seat."

Nodding in acknowledgment, you take your seat at the edge of the room right next to the window. Resting your chin on your hand, you mindlessly twirl your pencil in your fingers as you wait for classes to finally end.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Good practice today, guys!" You call out from the bleachers as you stand up to help the boys clean up the gym. Going up to Iwaizumi, you tap on his shoulder. "I have something I need to take care of after this, you can go on home without me today."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, please tell Oikawa-kun too please."

"Alright, will do."

Walking away to pick up the volleyballs littering the floor around the gym, you take a deep breath. It was going to happen today. He's probably waiting outside the gym, unsuspecting, but you were still going to do it. You had to. For the sake of your friendship. For Oikawa.

The gym is clean, and everyone starts to file out, saying their goodbyes.

Stepping outside, you see Kagami standing by the gym doors staring at the ground, his hands buried in his pockets.

"Hey, can I talk to you about something?" You ask, walking up to him.

"Oh, I actually needed to talk to you too." He replies almost immediately, bringing his head up to look at you.

"Really? You go first then,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Okay, well," He clears his throat before continuing. "I've been thinking and I, uh, think we should... See other people."

"What?"

"Y'know. Split. Breakup."

"Yeah, I know," You rub your hand on your arm sheepishly. "I was actually thinking the same thing and was going to talk to you about that."

"Oh,"

"I'm sorry."

"My apologies to you as well."

An uncomfortable silence ensues before you continue. "Well... We're on the same page at least so I wish you good luck in life."

"Same to you. See you in class." He gives you a short wave and one last look before leaving.

You stand, staring at his retreating figure. This is what you had wanted. You knew you couldn't hold a relationship with him much longer. But if that was the case, then why did it still hurt?

Involuntarily, a single tear escapes your eye but you wipe it away quickly. As if on cue, you hear your name being called behind you. Turning around, you recognize the team's captain coming up to you with his hands behind his back.

"(Y/N)-chan!" Stopping in front of you, Oikawa gives you a small smile. "I need to talk to you, (Y/N)-chan. But first, ta-da!" Bringing his hands out in front of him, he reveals a bag of (favorite bread). "I'm sorry for being such an ass. I hope you will forgive me with this."

"Oh wow, thanks Oikawa-kun," Taking the bag from him, you take a piece out and take a bite out of it. With your mouth full of bread, you tell him, "But just saying 'I'm sorry for being an ass' isn't going to cut it."

"Yeah, I figured," Rubbing the back of his neck with a hand, he laughs softly. "I know you're dating Kaga-chan and all but-"

"We just broke up."

"Come again?"

"He's not my boyfriend anymore."

"Oh, I'm sorry. What I was going to say should wait then."

"No it's fine- What were you going to-?" Feeling yourself being enveloped in his arms, he strokes your hair gently. "What are you doing?"

"Comforting you. Just in case you're feeling bad."

"I told you I'm fine, there's no need."

"But I want to."

Slowly, you bring your arms up to wrap around his waist. "...Go ahead."

"Yay~"

Moments of comfortable silence pass, and you cuddle closer in his chest. Smiling, you whisper, "Thank you, Oikawa-kun."

He rests his chin on the top of your head. "Anything for you, (Y/N)-chan."

"Sorry to break up the love fest you guys but it's getting late and I'd like to go home." Iwaizumi says rather loudly, walking out of the gym.

Quickly letting go Oikawa, you look at the brunette who had developed a blush that had spread across his face. Looking to Iwaizumi, you see him chuckling to himself. "What is this about, Iwa-kun?"

"Oh, nothing."

"How long were you there for?"

"Hmm, long enough. I heard everything."

"Seriously?!"

"Wow, Iwa-chan. How rude. Eavesdropping."

"Shut up, Shittykawa. You two were right in plain sight and earshot."

The two bicker as you laugh. Taking notice, they stop and stare at you.

"What's so funny, (Y/N)-chan?"

"Oh, nothing. Let's go home, you two."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ayyyy new book free falling (kuroo tetsurou x reader) has been out for awhile if you haven't seen it yet

and finally this new chapter is out hahaha sorry

thanks for reading!