Chapter 16: Coffee Talk

I walked to Nicki's job with a mission, I crossed the street and she was sitting on a bench

"Hello" I said getting her attention

"Oh, ms. Barns nice to see you again" I smiled

"Let's talk about this over some coffee" she said and I nodded my head "great"

We walked about four blocks and we ordered drinks and muffins

"So what would you like to know?" She asked breaking the silence between us

I cleared my throat

"I recently found out that... Chris has split personality disorder and I'm just wondering for how long?"

"Ermm, I honestly don't know--"

"You don't know?" I interrupted

"When we dated for eight months there was no sign of his disorder but about a month into our marriage he would go crazy and we'd fight then get back togeather... I told my friends about this and they told me, he might have a split personality but I denied it because.. I've never seen that side of Him when we dated"

I nodded my head "what happened next.. Did you confront him?"

A tear trickled down her face "well I went home and googled it, and some of the symptoms was anxiety and blackouts and a few more but those two stuck out like a soar thumb... Chris would get anxiety attacks but I didn't think it was because of the illness"

I nodded my head "then what?"

"When he came home, I brought it up but he went crazy, throwing chairs and breaking glass--"

"Is that when you pulled a knife out on him?"

"How did you?--"

"He told me"

"Yes, I did pull out a knife because he was going crazy... Who knows what he could've done" I nodded my head in agreement

"After that whole incident I didn't want anything to do with him, I went to a hotel for a few days then moved in with my best friend who is also like a sister to me"

"How long till you serve him divorce papers?"

She thought about it "maybe a month later.. I really had to think about it, I thought we were gonna be together forever..."

"Wow" I said putting my hand on hers
"After I gave him the divorse papers.. I tried to ignore him as much as possible.. My brother would try to tell me all the things Chris would do, but I didn't want to hear it.. That's until I heard he was going to therapy. I thought he was getting help on his disorder.. boy was I wrong"

"I just thought he had a rough divorce. I didn't know that his case was much more severe... Another question, where did the name Aaron come from?

"I think it just came to him one day whenever he called himself Aaron I knew it wasn't the same person I married and I would try to stay away from him"

"This explains everything"

She cleared her throat "I hope I helped answering your questions.. I should get going"

We both stood up and I gave her a hug "thank you, try to have a good day"

"I will" she said walking away

I looked at my watch

Its three thirty, I still have time to decide if I want to sit and talk to Chris