Chapter 3

I feel the flames set on my back and smile. I rip the ropes off and get up. "You bitches didn't know that I have the power of fire did you?" I snarl. I stand and laugh at their faces. They look terrified. But they aren't looking at me. They are looking behind me. I turn around and my mouth drops. "Oh shit." I say and run. They run to and the cute one scoops me up. His power is like Flash's.

He runs away from the others and puts me down. "Why did you save me?" I ask him. He shrugs. "I dunno." He says. I look at the sky. 'It's getting dark. Alex will be waiting for me.' I think and stand up. "I have to go. Thank you." I say. He grabs my arm. "Don't leave me. Those guys will kill me." He pleads. "That's not my problem." I sneer and jump up on the tree behind me. "Cya." I say and smile before I jump away.

It takes me about thirty minutes to get there through trees. As I though, Alex was already there.

I jump down and run to him. He looks at me. "What happened?" He asks, his eyes full of concern. "I know where the others are." I say and his eyes widen.

We run down to where the hideout is and take out our weapons ready for action. I step out of the brush and freeze. "What happened....?" I say in disbelief. "What is it?" he asks me only to freeze too. "Oh my god...."

Before us is the hideout, but it's completely destroyed and burned. Inside one of the 'houses' there is a huge beast. The same one that scared the last three others. My mouth drops at the sight of this. It's huge. The dragon wings, the talons, the furry lizard image. It was too much.

"We have to kill it." Alex says and I stare at it in shock. "How the fuck are we supposed to do that?!" I ask him. he wraps his arms around me. "Shhh... We'll find a way. don't worry." he whispers in my ear.

I stand in his arms for a second before I nod. "Alright. How about we attack from the trees. Do you think you can shapeshift into a dragon again?" I ask him and he nods. "Okay. I'll ride you and attack him from the air." I say. He nods and shape shifts.

I hop on his back and take my bow and arrows our. I strap daggers on the end of the arrows and nock one. He takes off and I start to feel uneasy.

About fifty feet in the air and I shoot my arrow into the beast's back. It screeches and I flinch at the loud, high pitched sound.

It looks up and sees us. It spreads it's wings out and shoots up in our direction. I quickly nock another arrow and shoot it. It misses by a mile. 'Calm down Chelsea' I think over and over.

The beast screeches and it claws Alex. He screams and I feel my eyes tear from his pain. He falls down to the ground and I roll off him. He starts breathing heavily. I quickly feel enraged and take out a dagger that was not strapped to an arrow.

The beast finally lands and I run over to it. I slam my dagger into its neck and it starts bleeding. I slam it over and over as it's blood sprays out on me. It takes it's talons and slaps me away. I get thrown on the ground and feel the blood run out my stomach. I stand up again, trying not to fall from the pain and wipe the blood away.

The beast comes closer and I attempt to staying standing. I look over to Alex and he's back to his human form. His body is bloody and torn. Tears swell up in my eyes.

The beast suddenly stops walking to me and walks over to Alex. I scream and run only to fall to the ground. It picks Alex up in it's lizard mouth and carries him over to me. I stare at the beast and it lays down next to me.

Alex looks up at me and I sit up. "Alex..." I whisper and I feel tears run down my face. He touches my face and I smile. "Chelsea... I... Love...You" he whispers. "I love you too." I say and lean down. I kiss his lips. "Thank you." I whisper. He smiles and his eyes close. My eyes widen. "Alex! No! please don't! Alex!" I scream and feel his life slipping away. His hand falls and my tears flow uncontrollably.

I scream and slam my fists against the ground. 'No. No. No! This can't be happening!' I think angrily. I shake my head and wipe my tears. I stand up and the beast does the same. "I swear to you Alex, I will avenge your death." I say. the beast squawks and nudges me. I turn to it. "I still hate you but I need you." I tell it and it purrs like it understands me. I hop onto its back and it's wings open up. It takes off into the air.

I stare at the ground looking for the other three. "There they are!" I say and the beast looks down. The guy who saved me is pinned to a tree and the other two are around him with knives. His clothes is all bloody and torn.

"Let's land there." I tell the beast and it lands next to the spot. I take a knife out and ready it. I run over and the beast runs behind me.

"Now tell me where she went!" one snarls. "No! You won't get anything out of me!" the one tied to the tree screams. "Looking for me?!" I say and throw my knife at the bigger one. It hits him in the neck and his throat explodes. Blood going everywhere. I smile and run towards him. He falls backwards and the dirty one stares at me. I jump over the carcass of the big one, grabbing the bloody knife out of his neck as I flip.

The dirty one slashes a dagger at me and I feel my stomach bleed. "Fuck you!" I scream and throw the knife. It misses him by an inch and stabs the tree, right next to the cute one's head.

I start getting out another knife. the beast runs out of the trees and grabs the dirty one in its beak. It shreds him to pieces and blood sprays on me.

I run over to the one who saved me. "why'd you do that?" he asks me. "cause you saved me once." I say. I take the knife out of the tree and cut him loose. I then stab him in the gut. "You didn't really think I would let you live, did you?" I say. He falls to the ground. I take out the knife. "I win bitches." I whisper.

I hop onto the beast. "I need a name for you." I say and it stares up at me. I laugh. "I think I'll name you Ciel." I say. I smile and it takes off. a hovercraft flies right above us and a net lands on Ciel and I. It brought us into the hovercraft.

"Well Chelsea, you won." a man says and I jump. I stare at the man. He takes out a gun. "This has to be done though."