Chapter 10

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation, and I used the opportunity to look at my phone. What? Had I been sitting here talking to Harry for almost 3 hours? But then again we had both been telling our entire life story. His was probably more exciting than mine, but he had actually looked interested, while I told him about my childhood. About growing up with Marc and Lizzie instead of my own parents, about not really having that many friends. I had actually told him about my breakup this morning, even though that actually was a pretty private thing. Especially the reason. And he had told me about his life. Growing up in Holmes Chapel, auditioning for the X-Factor and then being put together with the boys, who was now like 4 brothers to him. Everything he had told me… it was exiting, but I would probably be able to read it in one of the many books the stores was selling about him and the boys. My thoughts were interrupted by Harry’s big hand, which was waving in front of my face. His very big hand… no Amber stop this! Stop it! Focus on, what he wants.

”Sorry, I got lost in my own thoughts,” I said and looked up at him.

“So you probably have to leave now! I’m heading out for dinner with the boys, and I would invite you to come, but then you would just have to deal with even more rumors tomorrow,” he said and helped me up from the comfortable chair.

“It’s okay. I’ve got things to do anyway…” I said but then immediately regretted it. No? I didn’t have things to do. I was going to spend the next 3 months here and I didn’t even had a suitcase. I had absolutely nothing to do… except from writing. The only thing was, that today hadn’t exactly giving me any new ideas. Yes I had met Jamie… and then Harry and I had met Jamie, and suddenly I was in a really awkward situation. I had to call Jamie. Maybe I could just step by the coffee shop and see if he was still there.

“Are you getting lost in your own thoughts again?” Harry asked and pushed me gently.

“I think so… sorry,” I said.

“No need to apologize,” he said and followed me out towards the door. “I had a nice time. Maybe we could hang out another time? You are a sweet girl, Amber Miller.”

”And you are a nice guy, Harry Styles… but are you sure you got time to that?” I asked and grabbed my bag on the floor.

“Time for what?” he asked and handed me my jacket.

“Hanging out with a normal English-girl? I mean I’m nothing special! I’m just Amber from England! You can have probably every single woman in the world! All you have to do is look at them, and then they fall in love with you! Are you sure you wanna waste your time on a normal girl like me?” I asked. Harry didn’t say anything. He just looked at me. Maybe I had been right, and now he was surprised that I had figured it out?

“Wow… I had expected a goodbye… not a ‘I’m just boring me, sure you wanna waste your time on me’…” was his sudden reply. Boring… I had never said I was boring. That came from his own mouth, not mine. ”How about we just pretend you never said that? Because it’s not true… you are not just a random girl! If you were you wouldn’t be in this hotel room with me.”

“Whatever…” I said and looked down a bit embarrassed. Apparently my talent was to say the wrong things. He opened the door and followed me out. I gave him a quick awkward hug and headed towards the elevator.

“I have looked at you… have you fallen in love with me yet?” Harry smirked. I kept walking towards the elevator, pushed the button and waited for the doors to open. Right before I stepped into the empty elevator I turned towards Harry, who was still standing outside his room looking at me.

“I guess I’m not like the other girls after all…”