CHAPTER 3: SPARK OF LOVE

[HAILEY's Point of View]

6:30am
*Clock rings*

It's morning already and my alarm clock is yelling at me to wake me up. So I got up amd turned it off. I opened my window so the sunlight can come inside my room. Then, I checked my phone.

"AHHHHHHHH! Sh*t! I forgot. Today is my first day at summer job!" I shouted histerically.

"Is everything okay up there honey?" Mom shouted at me from downstairs. Guess she heard my loud voice.

"Yeah mom! I just forgot that today was my first day at work." I said loudly.

"If that's the case, then get ready as fast as you can. Your schedule starts at 7:15am." Mom replied loudly.

"Okay mom! I'll take a shower now." I said as I ran to the bathroom and took my bath.

While I was taking a bath, I was wondering how will my first day at summer job will be. Would it be fun? Or an epic fail? We'll I'm hoping for all the best. Wish me luck!

[GRAY's Point of View]

I woke up at 7:00am. Got up and cooked our breakfast and we ate. Since I woke up first everyday, I trained myself how to cook.

After we ate, I spoke to mom about the groceries she was talking about last night.

"Oh mom?" I said.

"Yes Gray?" Mom said.

"About the grocery thingy you talked about last night, is the list ready?" I asked her.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me Gray." She said.

"No pressure mom. I'll just take a bath right now and you just list the thing's we need." I replied.

"Okay honey." Mom said.

So I went upstairs and took a bath at my bathroom and got ready. It took 20 minutes for me to all do that. Then I went downstairs to see if mom is done listing.

"Are you done mom?" I asked.

"Yes. Here you go honey. Please don't forget to buy all those okay? So here is the money." She said as she handed me the money for the grocery payment.

"Okay mom. I'll take my bike." I said.

"Okay. Just take care of yourself. Be careful." Mom said as she waved her hand.

"I will mom." I said as I rode my back amd went on my way to the market. Since I got the time to explore the place last night, I saw where the supermarket is located at and remembered it.

At exactly 7:40am, I got at the supermarket and bought the things listed at the paper mom gave me. Some of things listed hear were hard to find but mom said all of these are needed so I need to find everything.

After almsot 40 minutes, I have checked all the things in the list and I'm happy that I found and bought everything that mom needed.

[HAILEY's Point Of View]

I arrived at the market at 7:30am. I'm 15 minutes late! Hope my manager doesn't fire me on the first day.

"Goodmorning Mr. Culmore." I said as I enter his office.

"Goodmorning. So you are Hailey?" He said.

"Yes Mr. Culmore. Sorry I'm late. I forgot that today was my first day at the job. I apologize for my mistake."

"It's okay Ms. Hailey. No worries. I'm not that strict. Just don't do it again."

"Thank you Mr. Culmore. I promise that I won't be late again."

"Your welcome. Your job will be at cashier 3. Your schedule is from 7:30am until 7:30pm. Lunch break is from 11am until 11:45am. Your salary will be given every fridays. $400 a week. Any questions?"

"None Mr. Culmore. Everything is okay, I mean great."

"Then it's settled. Here is your Apron and nametag."

"Thank you for accepting me here Mr. Culmore! You won't regret this."

"It's a pleasure. I know I won't. So, you can now go to station."

"Okay Mr. Culmore. See you around!" I said as I went to my station.

As soon as I got there, I ready everything. Before they accept us here they teach us how to operate these things. So that's why I know how.

Then suddenly, my first customer came. But my nametag fell on the floor so I got down to find it. While finding it, I heard my customer putting the groceries above. Finally, I found my name tag and got up. And to my surprise, It was him.

The guy I was talking at the park yesterday. The newbie. My first customer is him. It was Gray.

"Hailey?"

"Gray?"

"Nice to see you again. So you work here?"

"Yes. Actually it's my first day today. Summer job thingy."

"Wow. That's great! I can see that you're hard working."

"Well yeah. I just need extra money. And also, I have nothing to do for this summer. So that's why I decided to take a summer job."

Gray and I were having a great conversation until the Girl from Cashier 4 called me.

"Hey! I'm Mia." She said.

"Hi I'm Hailey. Why did you call me?" I said in a whisper way.

"You still have customers in line. You should get going with that geoceries sistah." She said.

"Oh yeah right. Thankyou for the reminder." I said but she just replied with a smile.

"I'll help you with that." Gray said to me.

"Okay. Just open the plastic bag and I'll put the groceries inside. Just ready the bags." I said.

"Yes ma'am." Gray said that made me look at him. Then he smiled. Holymothafasdfghjkl. He is so attractive.

Then so, we made the plastic bag job fast so the other customers in line could go next.

"Here's your reciept Gray." I told him as I handed him the reciept.

"Okay. Thanks for the talk Hailey! I'll catch up with you soon." He said as he waved goodbye and carried the bag of groceries outside the market.

"Who is that sistah?" Mia said.

"Oh nothing. Just a friend. We just met yesterday." I replied.

"He's kinda cute and hot. You both have that spark sistah."

"Spark? What kind of spark?"

"The spark of love sistah, the spark of love."

I just replied her with a smile. But what she said, kept me smiling. It made me feel butterflies in my stomach. The spark of love.