[one :: watermelon and work ethics]

"People tell me to be cautious

People tell me not to lose my self-control

People tell me to be flawless

People tell me not to let myself evolve..."

tae

i walked into work, confident that this new job would surely get me out of the dumps. my father who left me and my mom years ago just died and i actually feel bad. he always told me dreams don't come true, but i beg to differ, so i thought it was time to pursue my life long dream. Fashion design, and i landed a job working for calvin klein.

 now i design for the woman department. i was asked to design some new active ware and bring it up to the board. i trot up to the second floor to see diane. the woman who landed me the job. i go over and hug her and thank her tons.

she dismisses my praises and gives me the low down. 

"so this is where you will sketch and here's a sowing machine to dabble and create your works." she smiles brightly.

i return it and say thank you once more. and i get to work.

after two an a half hours off nonstop sketching, i decided to go get some coffee

then I heard whispering. 

"o my god! did you see her?" one asked.

"see who?" the other cocked an eyebrow.

"the new girl, tae." this voice i detected was diane's, the other was unfamiliar.

"oh yeah. she totally thinks she's the shit. prancing around in her perfectly fitted clothes catching the eyes off all the men in the building. what a slut." she scoffed.

"yeah totally. you took the words right out my mouth." i felt tears prick the back of my eyes. i am not good with verbal abuse, i turn into a giant crybaby. so i needed to get out before the waterworks came out like an incredibly leaky faucet.

i grabbed my stuff and rushed down to the lobby. the woman at the front desk looked up at me with worry. the rivers started.

 the rivers started

"oh dear. what's wrong?"

"i feel sick to my stomach, like im being cut open and dissected."

"oh go home! i will inform your boss that you will be out the rest of the week."

so i left crying all the way to my car and once i got inside i sobbed my eyes out while driving myself home. i need to be stronger, not for them but for me.