Chapter Nineteen

"Now he wants interest, And I can't ask nobody f'no more money"He spoke. "That's where yo' money went Tasha-T'him, I didn't smoke it"He admitted. 

"Is'at who shot Avery?"I asked. He nodded as he looked down.

"It's my fault, But now i'ma get'em, They'll never know what hit'em"He spoke. I was confused...

"Do you hear yourself right now?"I asked curiously. He looked at me dumbly. "Did you forget?"I asked, Holding up the picture of his son. He looked down again.

"Alex, This baby, Alexander Adan Rubiano Jr. Needs you-You can't just screw up your life...You're not only just affecting yourself, You're affecting him too! You can't do this"-

"Tasha, I GOTTA do this"He spoke as if I was suppose to sympathize with him. 

"Then don't count on meeting your son"I spoke, I was beginning to get angry at his stupidity. 

"Look what they did t'mouse Tasha! He's seventeen years old!"-

"And he survived! He's strong, He's a Rubiano"I spoke as I looked at him. Alex looked away, I knew he was thinking about Ricki. "Alex, Look, I know you still feel bad about Ricki, But it WASN'T your fault, I know that and HE knows that."I spoke, Hoping it'd hit hard with him.

"Nobody got justice for him! He DIED tasha, Nobody paid!"-

"What're you talking about? That's what Toni was in PRISON for? Do you wanna end up there too? You're gonna miss your son's ENTIRE life b'cause you make ONE stupid decision!"-

"He's been fine without me-It won't make a difference"He spoke coldly. I was so lost.

"No!"I spoke angrily. "I was a Mom Alex! Is  this just gonna be a never-ending cycle? Y'all just keep killin' each other and avenging each other? That doesn't help! These are people's sons, Brothers, Uncles, Cousins, Fathers, You should understand"I tried. He looked at me curiously.

"What'd you say?"He asked, Looking at me. I thought about it-I let it slip. It was too easy. I shrugged, Acting as if I didn't know.

"I'm trying to make you see what you're doing is wrong"-

"No, You said...YOU were a MOM tasha, What d'you mean?"He questioned, Putting me int he spotlight.

"Alex, That's not what I meant"-

"You wouldn't've said it if you didn't mean it"He spoke. He knew he was onto something, So he continued his quest.

"It was a slip, I wasn't thinking straight-I'm trying to help you"-

"Then help me...Did you have a baby?"He asked curiously. I stood there silently, Not wanting to answer, I knew the consequences.

"Tasha...Answer me"He pressed.