Darkness

I refuse to acknowledge the tears streaming down my cheeks as I stare at his picture. How? Where did our love go? If I could have his love again, I would endlessly adore it.
To see him smile while I feel nothing but pain... it's to much for me. I feel that I am slipping. Slipping farther and father down the rabbit hole, towards my enviable insanity and demise.
I can taste his soft lips against mine. I can feel his strong arms around my shoulders. However, I can't remember how he said my name, or how it felt to run my hands through his hair.
I set his photo down and stare off into the night. My train will be arriving soon. And when it arrives I will find the next cheapest train and not bother with where it's headed, but simply go where ever I have the money to travel. The breath is slowly returning to my lungs as I get over seeing his picture.
In the distance I see lightning strikes. I smile and feel the dryness on my face from where the tears dried. It has been to long for me to still love him. I will find a new man that can hold my heart without dropping it.
My train pulls into it's station, and I exit my compartment. walking into the station I see that it's closed for the night and that I will have to spend the night in town.
I attempt to hail a taxi, but to no avail. The pressure of the day starts to overcome me. when a taxi finally pulls over, a man nearby seems to think that it's for him.
"Excuse me sir, but that is my cab." I hiss at him. I am not in a good mood.
"Is that so madam? Where might you be headed, hmm?" he replied in an equally annoyed voice.
"To the local hotel hopefully, and yourself?" I'm much to tired to fight.
"Well, I am also heading to the hotel, may we share this cab miss?" he inquires.
"I see no reason not too." Too late. I pass out from the exhaustion of running.

I wake to feel strong arms and his photo pops into my head. I scramble away. I will not fall for him again. I feel the tears start again. I can't let him see me like this!
"Please stop moving miss. It's probably not good for you after you just fainted a few hours ago." It's the man from the cab. I freeze.