Chapter 6

“I'll be out the back if you need me,” I tell Sarah as I stand up and walk towards the patio doors at the other end of the room. I open them and walk out. 
I wasn't out there for long before I heard footsteps come up behind me. I turned round to see who it was.
“What do you want now? Haven't you gotten everything you came to get?” I asked Joe as he stood next to me.
“Alexander is now sleeping in bed,” He said.
“Thank you,” I replied coldly.
“Abbey, I'm sorry.”
“No, it's fine. You've got what you wanted. You've now pushed me out of my sons life and have him all to yourself. Well done."
“How can you even think that? I can't replace you. You've been there since day one...” He stated.
“But you're a footballer. You can get him whatever he wants, I can't. If he asks me for something now and I say no. He'll go straight to you and you'll get it for him. I can't compete with that,” I told him.
“Why would you think that? Fair enough, I can buy him whatever he wants. I'm allowed to because I have time to make up for with not being in his life from the start. But you're his mum. You have a closer bond to him than I do. You always will,” He said resting a hand on my back.
“He's a boy. When he grows up, the bond between the two of you will increase. My bond with him won't,” I said looking at him fully now.
“Abbey...I'm sorry for what went on earlier. On both occasions, I really am. I just...wow,” He said.
“What?” I asked.
“It's just...I know we should be talking about Alexander but...I've only just realised how much or a beautiful women you've turned into.” He said stroking my cheek.
“Joe...we really should be talking about our son, not about how much I'm changed,” I corrected him.
“I'm sorry, but...you really are still as beautiful as I remember you were.”
“I've been crying, so clearly I'm more beautiful with a puffy face,” I laughed.
He laughed and pulled me closer to him, “No...you're beautiful no matter what you look like. That's why I fell in love with you.”
I looked into his eyes and his head moved down closer to mine.
“We can't...” I said pushing his away slightly.
“I know it's wrong...” He said pulling me back to him.
“Joe, you have a girlfriend.” I told him.
“I just can't pull myself away from you though,” He said holding the back of my head.
“We..” I began before I felt Joe's lips come down on mine.

I pull away from him. I traced my lips with my fingers and look at him. His head was slightly bowed down but he was looking at me.
“We...we shouldn’t have down that.” I stuttered.
“I know,” He said.
“But why...”
“I don't know,” He said moving over to me and kissing me again.