3/3

There he stood. Just a few feet away. But I couldn't move. I couldn't speak! My mouth was dry and I felt nauseous. His blue hair was hidden under the bandana he wore and so was most of his face because of the mask, leaving his dark eyes free. The tattoo or symbol- whatever it was- on the right side of his face was mostly hidden too. He didn't seem surprised though, like last time when I didn't fall asleep. He patiently stood before me, waiting for me to start talking but I couldn't.

"What do you want?" He finally asked. Although, the way he said it- it wasn't rude but curious- in a kind way. "I..err......I wanted to- I mean- urgh why is this so hard?!" I growled under my breath to which he chuckled. It was surprising to hear him laugh or smile or do anything that showed happiness. I didn't know why but he just seemed like the kind of person who took things very seriously and didn't tolerate foolishness.

He mumbled something under his breath and smiled. "Come on in," he stood aside and gave me way. I thanked him and walked inside after which he shut the door. The silence was unbearable and awkward.

"Thank you," I blurted out. He cocked his head to the side and looked at me confused. "What for?" He asked. I glanced down at my feet and looked back up at him.

"For saving me. The other day, in the forest," I reminded him. He stepped forward, his fingers touching my hair making me gasp. What was this? Why did I feel so weird? Urgh!! Stop it, Y/N!

He held something that looked like a blade of grass in between his fingers. My eyes were wide and lips parted at his gesture. What's he doing to me? Clearing my throat, I blinked and looked at him. I needed answers. But to what? Why? Suddenly my mind flooded with questions that I wanted him to answer.

"How did you do it? Cure me? And why did you suddenly leave? I mean, who does that? And why do people fall asleep when you enter? And why didn't I? Why doesn't Master? Why do always cover your fac-" he cut me off by laughing. Like really laughing. His eyes shut and his shoulders shook when he laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" I giggled, unable to control the contagious laughter. Soon we were both in a fit of laughter. He placed a hand on my shoulder and pushed me down, making me sit on the chair in front of him while he sat on the bed. The laughter died down and it was silent once again. But it was less awkward this time.

"I'll answer the questions I can," he stated and stared at me waiting for me to repeat the queries again.

"Alright. Well first of all, thanks and how did you cure me in the cave?" He shook his head and shrugged. "I'm a wizard." Was his answer to which I rolled my eyes.

"That isn't an answer!"
"Why not?" He looked at me with a smirk on his face and an eyebrow raised.

"Fine! Why did you leave?" I asked. He gave me a small smile and leaned forward slightly. "You were cured and I didn't need to worry about you anymore," he said. "What if I injured myself again?" I whispered. His eyes widened and he didn't say anything for a while. "I trusted you would take care of yourself. Next one."

"Why don't you let anyone see your face?" I asked curiously.

"You've seen me," he said softly. Shaking my head, I moved on to the next question.

"How did you know my name? I never told you my name," I mumbled, furrowing my brow. "Overheard the guild members that day," he muttered. We were both leaning forward- very close to each other. So close, we could hear each other's breaths. I looked at him skeptically, unsatisfied with his answer.

I sat back slightly and continued. "Why didn't I fall asleep like the others?" He shrugged and stared at me before answering, "Honestly, I don't know that one myself." My eyes were fixed on his dark ones. I couldn't figure out what color they were. Brown? Olive? Hazel? Gold? I stuck with hazel-gold. I was so lost in his eyes I didn't realize I had leaned so close to him. His eyes were so captivating.