3.

Vernon stared at his menu angrily.

"Are you ready to order?" He looked up to see a waitress that was not Emily.

"Yeah, hey by any chance is Emily here today?" The waitress got a smirk on her face. She gave him a look up and down.

"So, you're Vernon huh?"

"Does she talk about me?"

"Oh, boy. You don't even know." The waitress leaned in to tell him something and Vernon leaned in close as well. "The other day, she was talking about your hair-"

"KARLA WHAT ARE YOU DOING"Emily practically ran to their table not even stopping to put up her purse or put her apron on.

"I'm just talking to your boyfriend."

"He's not-"

"I'm not-"

"You're in denial is all you are." Karla pat Vernon on the shoulder and walked away giving Emily a wink.

"She's crazy." Emily said when she had walked away.

"She's...nice." Vernon said with a laugh.

"She thinks we're dating, as if you're even in my league." Emily said with an awkward laugh.

"You're totally in my league! If there even are things as leagues. And if we were dating..."

"Yeah, but we're not..." They both stared at each other in awkward silence until Karla returned.

"Just realized this is actually still my table to serve, so..." Karla looked between them both.

"Yes!"

"Of course!" Emily waved goodbye to both of them and walked back to the break room to cry or eat. Or both. Yeah, both is good.