.70

170101
sunny
10:35am

the sun was bright and warm, and the day just looked brighter with the reflecting sunlight hitting on the thick snow. even in their black attire, they seemed like the happiest beings in the city. taehyung held her hand tight as they walked across to the sidewalk, immediately ascending the staircase to the memorial hall.

sungjoo's happy chuckles could be heard from the highest step. "you two little kids, come fast!"

taehyung returned his girlfriend a big wide smile and pulled hanseul's hand. "wait tae, i will fall if you pull me too hard!"

the three youngsters fixed their long coats and scarves before entering the building. in the reception, they met saeyeon's parents, who were waiting for them. "happy new year!" they exchanged warm greetings and took the lift to their desired floor.

it was their best friend's death anniversary. new year's day.

"you brat, while my friends are shopping for new coats and spend time playing cards, i got to visit my dead daughter," saeyeon's mother scolded jokingly, while taking a tissue and cleaned the front glass of her cubicle.

the father, taehyung and sungjoo took turns to have a good talk with saeyeon, and finally it was hanseul's turn. hanseul walked bravely to the front and watched her smiling brightly in the picture. "saeyeon, many things happened last year, while you were gone. we are all working hard; i think he is working hard too. it's sad that we all can't graduate together."

hanseul smiled to herself as the memory of them talking about their plans after graduation resurfaced. she shook her head in deep thought. it was a pity that there would only be three of them left for their celebration party.

hanseul opened her purse and took out a polaroid of the five taken on christmas eve, just a few days before her suicide. receiving the little key from saeyeon's father, she carefully unlocked her cubicle and put it inside, when she noticed something neatly placed in front of her picture.

a little white daisy, and a card with the familiar handwriting.

she let out a surprised gasp and covered her mouth, her heart started pounding faster.

taehyung went beside her and stroked her back as he realized what was happening. "so he has come back."

~

omg i planned to post a separate note on the hints here and there, maybe after the epilogue, but are you guys interested?

and no one noticed the biggest hint on .68 huh...? i cri