Chapter 3

~Ellie-May~

-One Month Later-

"I can't believe it. We're finally free. No more high school anymore!" Hailie giggled, getting all excited, and waving her arms about wildly in the air. We were sat in our flat, celebrating with champagne and  chocolates. Today was our last day of school. Ever. Wow, how weird it would be with no school. No more school rules, or nasty teachers, or writing down notes, or boring lectures. Well, i guess there would be those in university, but university will be much more fun. Parties, and alcohol.

"Technically, you can't have that." Aaron smirked, pointing at the champagne.

"Technically, you're annoying, so shut up."

"That was a bad one, El."

"Yeah, pretty poop."

"Shut up, today was the last day. I'm free!" I screamed. "I have to go have tea with the family tonight, so don't wait up, you know what my family is like."

"Crazy."

"Pretty much." I nodded, laughing slightly.

"Yeah, me too. Mum and Dad are taking me out for tea to celebrate! I'm also meeting the new addition to the Richards' family."

"New addition?"

"Yeah, Sam has a new boyfriend."

"I wish Sam was my girlfriend." Aaron sighed.

Sam is Hailie's older sister. She's completely stunning; like drop dead gorgeous. She's a model, and all the boys want her. Apart from Corey.

"As if, even Sam wouldn't stoop as low as you." I responded.

"Ouch."

"I'll make you say that for real, if you don't stop saying it." I glared at Aaron, who shrugged.

"Right, well, I better get going, Dad will be expecting me soon." I say, glancing at the clock, then at my clothes. "This'll do, right?"

Ethan snorted, but I ignore him.

"Hailie?"

"Yeah, sure, as long as you aren't going anywhere. I mean, it's quite boring, and there's no pink...but, whatever." Hailie chortled.

"Okay, bye." I grabbed my bag, which contained my IPod, car keys phone and a few other things. Nothing exciting, but I don't need all the girly things: make up, dairy, hair accessories. Not for me.

My Dads' house isn't exactly far from here. A 20 minute drive, but I always get bored in the car on my own, so I sing. I'm the worst singer ever, honestly, I'm terrible, but it entertains and amuses me, so why not? You only live once, right?

I wonder if all my brothers will be there tonight? You see, I have quite a big family: 4 brothers, 1 little sister (from hell). I was brought up by my dad, with 3 of my brothers: Chrstian, James and Josh. And people wonder why I'm a tomboy...Anyway, my Dad found someone new, and had 2 more children: Henry and Sara. Henry is quite sweet, looks exactly like his Mum, my step mum, but Sara is the opposite. She is a little devil. The only time I like her is when she's asleep, she actually looks quite cute, the rest of the time, she's a handful. I actually like my step mum, Andrea. You see, my Mum died when I was very little, and I never thought my Dad would find someone. I'm so glad she is nice, and they're perfect together. It's just a shame she managed to create a devil.

The drive to my Dads' was fairly uneventful, I sang some songs, well screamed some songs, played some imaginary guitar, at the red lights of course. I think next time I'm going to count how many strange looks I got, because, boyyyy I got a lot!

"EL!" A loud shout fills my ears, as the front door is opened.

"Alright, alright. Ow! Let me breathe!" I laughed, pulling Henry, my youngest brother, off me. He's 14, and he's pretty athletic for a kid that age!

"Ellie-May!" Andrea greeted me with her dazzling smile, as I was guided through to the kitchen.

"Andrea! Smells delicious!"

"Good! Sit down, love! I'll call your Dad for you! PHIL!" She shouts.

"What?" A shout replies.

"Ellie-May is here!"

I hear loud stomps coming down the stairs, followed by my Dad enfolding me in a big hug

"I've missed you sweetheart."

"I've missed you too, Dad!"

"OI LADS! GET DOWN HERE, ELLIS IS BACK."

Ellis is the nickname my Dad and the boys gave me, because apparently I'm more like a boy than a girl, so Ellie-May is too girly.

"EL!" 3 Large pairs of arms surround me, and I laugh into them.

"Alright, chimps."

"Ouch, El, still not got more girly?"

"Of course not." I laugh.

I just can't believe I'm home, it feels like ages since I've been here.

"And you've finished high school, we can't call you little." Christian sighs, pinching my cheeks.

"Well, she's still pretty small." Josh laughs.

I just glare at him.

"Where's the devil?"

"Sara? She's upstairs, playing."

"Let's get this party started." My Dad calls, and we all go into the dining room, ready to eat probably the best meal of my life.

"El, we've got a bombshell to drop on you."

"What is it, Dad?"

"You have to babysit Sara for 2 weeks at the start of your summer."

My mouth dropped open, and I nearly screamed.

~I'm so sorry I didn't update yesterday! I won't be updating as much because of schoolwork; lots of homework and sports practices after school (hockey today), but I'll update as much as I can. Thanks for reading!~