Chapter 12: Part of the Family

A month had gone by since her apartment had been trashed. Just the other week she had received an anonymous letter in mail, containing a photo of her and Theo walking into Jack's house. She had been more than freaked out, even with Jack's promise she wanted to get as far away as possible from Peter but if he had found her all the way in nowhere Virginia but who's to say he won't keep following her. She was still on edge, but moving in with Jack had eased her worry just a tad. Jack made sure that there were always two officers patrolling the diner and Little Rascals; he always did a thorough search of the house before they entered.

Theo had been a confused at first but quickly adjusted to the change, he loved hanging out with Jack. Now that they were living together Charlotte felt their relationship had been taken up a notch. Jack had always been respectful of Charlotte, never taking things further than she was comfortable with. He had been touchy with her before but there was something now that seemed more intimate. He would constantly find ways to put his hands on her. If she was cooking in the kitchen, he would hug her from behind, his breath hot in her ear as he gave her a lingering peck on the cheek or he would sit close to her on the sofa where his arms wrapped around her, his finger lightly feeling against her side, just under her shirt.

"Teddy can you hand me your plate, then you can go play."

"Here Momma" He passed the plate before running off to go in the other room.

"You should let me wash up, you did all the cooking" Jack placed his plate in the sink along with other.

"It's alright I've got it" She washed off the dishes, setting them down on the drying rack.

"Charlotte" His voice was thick with desire. Her eyes snapped to him, widening when she saw how close he was standing. He pushed back a stand of hair the fell from her ponytail, his hand lingering on her face. Her breath quickened at the anticipation of his lips getting closer, his hypnotic green eyes capturing her.

"Momma!" Theo shouted his voice filled with panic and just like that the spell was broken. Jack grabbed his gun from one of the cabinets above the stove, holding it in front of him as nonthreatening as possible as to not scare Theo. She followed him out, right on his heels, frightened that Peter had finally gotten to them. Theo wasn't afraid of new people, a little wary maybe but he knew not to talk to anyone that she didn't introduce him to.

Jack was the first to walk in, a slight shriek escaped the room. "Damn it Ange" Jack growled.

A seconds later Charlotte walked in behind him seeing a beautiful petite woman standing in the middle of the room. Theo ran to her hiding behind her legs from the strange woman. "Momma who's that?" he asked shyly peeking around her.

Looking at the women before her, she took in the long raven black hair, deep green eyes, and beautiful, natural regal face. She was smaller than Jack, an inch or two taller than her own height. It wasn't hard to see that this was his sister. She looked over at the three of them, eyebrow raised curiously at Theo's words.

"Jack is there something you failed to mention to me?" A playful smile on her face.

"Why don't we go into the kitchen and I'll explain." He turned to Theo who was still hiding behind his mother's legs. "Hey buddy, it's alright. This is my sister Angela"

The little boy's shyness vanished as he rushed up to Jack's sister, "Do you like video games like Jack-Jack?"

Angela chuckled as kneeled down to his level "No, but I do love to color"