2. the world ends

When I woke up the police station was packed with officers running around trying to get people settled down and Nick was shaking me, trying to get my attention. When I noticed he was shaking me I kinda jumped and then I saw the blood running down his forehead. Nick said we gotta get outta here before they put us in a cell to. I asked him what he meant by that and he said never mind just grab your shit and let's go. I grabbed my black and green sling on bag and ran out the door, faintly noticing I had a headache and my nose was bleeding. We got into my truck I had drove to the station the night before and Nick said hit it. I punched the gas and we took off down the road to Nicks house. What's going on? What happened back there? I asked Nick. I don't know man what little I heard was that some kind of spill happened and now everyone's going crazy, rumor is the military has quarantined Madison County and no one gets in or out he said. I looked at him in disbelief and noticed he had a bloody nose too what happened to you? I asked. He said he didn't know but everyone at the station had them. About halfway to Nicks house I realized we didn't have Chloe. Shit man we forgot Chloe I said. Nick said we had to go back to get her so I did a 180 and sped back to the police station. When we got there it was chaos, cops shooting people and people eating cops. What the hell is going on here Nick asked to no one in particular, we saw Chloe run out of the station all bruised and bleeding and she jumped into the bed of my truck and told us to punch it. We drove to my house where I was surprised to see no police tape since there was supposed to be an investigation going on into why the old man had broken into my house and ate my dog. We walked into my house and found my dead dog still on the floor of my kitchen and I puked. We decided to go bury him in my backyard, so me and Nick went and got a tarp out of the shed behind my house then we heard Chloe scream. We ran back inside to see a upright and walking Bowser had cornered Chloe onto the kitchen counter and Chloe was throwing plates at him. I wretched but I had puked out all my beer and food earlier, Bowser was dragging his guts along the floor as he tried to get at Chloe. I ran to the sliding glass door that leads to the fenced in portion of my yard and yelled for Bowser to come, at least he still followed my commands. When he was within three feet of me I turned and he jumped out into the yard. I slammed the glass door shut and then the second thicker wood door and locked it. I sat down against the door and heard a pitiful howl behind me and and then Nick and Chloe came to me and picked me up and lead me to my bed where I tried to sleep but I couldn't get the picture of Bowser and him dragging his guts out of my mind, like it was permanently glued to the inside of my eyelids. I eventually let myself get up and drink the beer I had took from my brother until I was so drunk I passed out. When I woke up it was late at night and I found Nick and Chloe staring at the TV in the living room. The broadcaster was saying an experimental government virus called whistling Dixie had been accidentally unleashed when a military convoy had wrecked on its way to South Carolina to be shipped by plane to a military camp in Texas. He also said the virus was still in its hot stage and coming within 5 feet of a carrier would mean the infected person would develop flu like symptoms and go crazy, he also said there was no cure but the government was working on one and they would be air dropping medicine that would hopefully suppress the virus until they had a cure. With that the news station signed off and me and Nick and Chloe was stuck watching commercials until we all fell asleep on the floor.