Chapter 2

Authors note: Hey guys! Did you like the first chapter? Anyways I thought you might want to know what the Winslow family looked like so I attached pictures of Maggie, Jake, Kyle, and Bree below! Anyways I now have a broken foot which means lots more time to write!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie

                                                                           Jake

Jake

Kyle

                                                                            Bree

Bree

" THE CAMBRIDGE!" , I yell.
My dad looks confused and then says "is that bad?"
" Dad that's the most expensive, luxurious, apartment building in New York! Of course that's not bad! It's awesome!"
He smiles and then says "well I'm glad you're happy lass."

I head upstairs and jump in the shower, when I emerge, towel off and dress, my dad is already gone. Off to his job interview I guess. God I hope he gets this job, I think.

Just being in the Cambridge is a dream all of the girls in New York have. All of he biggest movie stars, singers and fashion models live there. One Direction, Madonna, Gwen Stefani and more - any one who is someone has lived there.

I sigh and flop down on my bed dramatically, where I lie in peace - for a total of 2 seconds. Kyle needs help with his homework, Jake lost his favorite basketball and Maggie scraped her knee. Dad is at his interview and Mom and Bree are working. I groan and get myself up.

Can I ever get any rest in this house?

I go downstairs, solve math problems, find the lucky ball behind the couch and bandage bloody knees. I then suggest they have a dance party, crank up some One Direction song and go to find myself some food.

I'm just leaving the kitchen, junk food in hand, when mom and dad walk in the front door. I almost spit out my Coke when I see them.

I swallow slowly and then say "you guys are back early..."

They look at each other, then turn to me. I know that look, I know it very,very well. It is the looks that screams should we tell her? This is not a good look. this probably means Dad didn't get the job, and we are all going to be homeless and they will have to send us back too the orphanage, or to foster care, or to a group home or - " you," my dad says, interrupting my devestating thoughts " are looking at the newest edition to the janitorial staff of the Cambridge!"

***

The second these words emerge from my fathers mouth, I dance around the kitchen like a sugar high five year old.

At that very moment, my sister walks in the door, scowling. In the midst of my happy dance, I don't notice, and run smack dab into her. She grabs fistfuls of my straight red hair and yanks me backwards.

" Kennedy Mae Winslow watch where you are going!", She growls.

I smile and then, in a sing song voice say " Breeana Lauren Winslow McGrinch. You are HURTING ME!"

"Woah. Full name.", Kyle says, strolling into the room.

My mother lets out a weary sigh and then says " Kyle, go get your brother and and sister. We are having a family meeting."

***

We all gather around my dad, on the couch and floor, and my mother explains what my dad has already told me to everyone else. She tells us he will probably spend most of the summer there, but the pay is good and we will get by.

Bree breathe a sigh of relief and I get a wonderful, terrible idea.

"Dad can I come with you to work?", I ask sweetly.

He looks confused and then says " sure I guess, but are you sue you want to spend every single day there?"

I gawk at him " Dad this is the experience of a lifetime! Of course I want to come!"

He nods slowly and then smiles and agrees. I walk to my room as calm as I can ur then immediately break into my happy dance again. Bree comes in and flops down on her bed. It is tight in our house. Jake and Kyle share a room, Bree and I share a room and my parents and Maggie all share a room. But, according to my parents, we fill their lives more than a "big ole empty house" ever could. I know, I know, my parents are full of that sentimental crap.

I change into my fluffy PJ pants and a tee shirt which reads NAH in big black letters. Then I flop on my bed and turn of the light. I lay there thinking for a while. The Cambridge. THE FREAKING CAMBRIDGE. My friends are going to be soooo jealous, I think, smiling, before shutting my eyes and falling victim to my dreams.