Chapter Thirteen

It is finally Christmas day; the time for joy and happiness. But for me, it is a time for painful nostalgia. It is that one day that I don't want to come back to but I can't skip time, just for the reason not to relive it.

     I wake up to the shaking on my shoulders, for the first time in the history in my sleep. I slowly open my eyes and I see my siblings smiling at me. But then, they do something unexpectedly in the first time in my life.

     "Merry Christmas!" They yell.

     To my surprise, I gasp, jump and roll over the bed. As I am rolling to the wrong side of the bed, I fall off the bed. Pain is coursing throughout my body that made impact with the cold hard wooden floor. I lie down on the floor for a few seconds, trying to withstand the pain, before standing up.

     "What was that for?!" I yell at my siblings.

     "Well... since you are so hard to get up in the morning, we decided that scaring you will do it." Nico said with a grin on his face.

     "Gee, thanks guys." I sarcastically say.

     "You're welcome." Mary gleefully say.

     With an irritated sigh, I go downstairs with my siblings going to the living room. When we get to the living room, colorful and bright gifts are under the Christmas tree and my parents are there sitting on the couch.

     "Merry Christmas!" My parents say.

     "Merry Christmas!" The sibling and I joyfully yell as Nico and Mary sprinted to the tree.

     The gifts are great and all but there is nothing to be excited about because I mostly receive notebooks and shirts from my relatives and other friends. But I guess these presents will have its good use someday.